Paul Danial

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Check out Paul´s into to electric guitar video at

Last edited:
hey thanks for the kind words ppl - its all abt practice n doing your best dudes. It's an endless learning curve in music.

the url above for the live video jam seems to be inactive, to sample my 'originals' go to www.6string.cjb.net its free to download.

as for guitar playing that gets predictable - my 2 cents on it, is to start expanding your guitar vocabulary i.e playing more styles of music and try following/copying licks from more guitar players in that certain favourite genre of choice. for rock players, target the bluesy styled {rock}players, to build your melodic sense, vibrato/bending techniques n aggressive attack. Ritchie Blackmore [deep purple/rainbow], Uli Jon Roth [scorpions/electric sun], Jimmy Page [led zeppelin], David Gilmour [pink floyd] n Mark Farner [grandfunk railroad] - to name a few of my fav 70s blues-rock players. build more guitar vocab from these guys in rock. \m/ :)

theres more.....i'll leave it at this for now.....hope it helps.....cheers.

Paul Danial.

marshall_law said:
Hi paul,

any tips for guitarist who wanna learn 8 finger tapping? I'm really into the tapping you did in your video.

to strengthen your tapping in general, would be to 'hammer-on' with your tapping fingers onto the fretboard. u can work on all 8 fingers in typical 1234 finger warm-up sequence using both hands. Also, look up any archive lessons at guitar sites from Jennifer Batten or Jeff Watson - they were the rock wizards of 8 finger tapping in the 80s.

in the video, i did 6 fingers in backhand position, very 'Akira Takasaki' influenced thingy hehe :twisted: all the best in your quest :)

it would be a great opportunity if Paul can become your teacher man. With some many years of playing under his belt, just listening to him playing is pure enjoyment already.

yeah. if only i can get all de top guitarists of sg to mentor me. my dream currently is to get within de top 20 guitarists of sg. haha. dat means playing all day long. i cant wait for de hols...

pentatonic , paul daniel is giving lessons... he sounds like a cool guy... he holds his lessons in bedok reservoir... where he lives i presume. lessons will be $100 for students and $120 for ns and working people. thats what he told me.. and i will probably be starting next week. Very very excited...

btw anyone has been tutored by mr paul daniel before ?... how are his lessons like?... any previous experiences?
personally i will go ahead anyway but just wanna hear from you guys.

$100. is it per session or per month n wats de frequency like how often? well. cos im open minded abt going anywhere for lessons so long as its gd. actually i already haf a teacher Talib. he's de guitarist frm tri ryche. but i stopped lessons cos this july i started poly n needed to settle down first b4 i continue.

penta-tonic said:
$100. is it per session or per month n wats de frequency like how often? well. cos im open minded abt going anywhere for lessons so long as its gd. actually i already haf a teacher Talib. he's de guitarist frm tri ryche. but i stopped lessons cos this july i started poly n needed to settle down first b4 i continue.

Talib's a good guitarist and a friend too. u shld continue with him, since he's been guiding u all this while. my advice, when theres good progress, dont break the momentum.

ChanMin said:
btw anyone has been tutored by mr paul daniel before ?... how are his lessons like?... any previous experiences?
personally i will go ahead anyway but just wanna hear from you guys.

well just to share with u ChanMin, i had 3 outstanding students in the 90s, 2 guys n a gal [she's an indonesian who shreds malmsteen/vinnie moore licks btw]. 1 guy went to LA music school while the other 2 to GIT, to pursue their musical quests. They were determined to play at the level they were going for, all i did was 'prepare' them for the challenges ahead. it takes two.

hi paul.....

hi paul.. i was jus wondering, how is ur rates like? cuz im interested to take lessons frm u.. but i need noe first.. haha.. a lil tight on budget.. but it would be great getting guidance frm u...

Paulo said:
marshall_law said:
Hi paul,

any tips for guitarist who wanna learn 8 finger tapping? I'm really into the tapping you did in your video.

to strengthen your tapping in general, would be to 'hammer-on' with your tapping fingers onto the fretboard. u can work on all 8 fingers in typical 1234 finger warm-up sequence using both hands. Also, look up any archive lessons at guitar sites from Jennifer Batten or Jeff Watson - they were the rock wizards of 8 finger tapping in the 80s.

in the video, i did 6 fingers in backhand position, very 'Akira Takasaki' influenced thingy hehe :twisted: all the best in your quest :)

Should the fingers be parralel to the neck or perpendicular to the neck?

Back