OM: New Gear

hmm . .the tone .. a lil too dry for me .

delay and maybe reverb would help lar.

btw. . wat gear u used ? how u recorded ?

haha actually there is delay just that i made it more dry...so its like there but not there...u know...

my gears > pacifica112 > cs-3 > ts-7 > de-7 > tri a.c > soundcard

Care to share tri ac settings? Im experimenting with lots of diff settings now haha. such a joy.

Anyway sounds pretty good just that a bit too dry and a bit too bassy for me lah. for me.

Interesting. Is your CS-3 on all the time? What are your settings for it?

Also, how come you put your DE7 before your TRI AC?

just kidding ppl i dont own any gears...the sound came from the Guitar Rig 2 software so its just my pacifica > soundcard bahhaha

but yea the compressor in the software was turned on all the time...not sure what pedal its modelled after but it just had Volume and Sustain controls.

Then it runs thru the modelled tubescreamer into a quad delay into a mesa head and cab into an SM57 mic :lol:

I had listen, and thought that was really the Tri A.C. The tone sounded good.

I've tried Guitar Rig before, but I found it way too digital for my liking. There were latency issues too that just wouldn't go away for me. But it packs some versatality, doesn't it - amps, mic placement, etc.

psionic said:
but yea the compressor in the software was turned on all the time...not sure what pedal its modelled after but it just had Volume and Sustain controls.

Why would you want/need that to be on all the time?

killinghall said:
There were latency issues too that just wouldn't go away for me. But it packs some versatality, doesn't it - amps, mic placement, etc.

the latency issue can be solved with this little ASIO driver PM me if u want it haha..

and yea verstatility is crazy, can spend an entire week playing around with the stuff :lol:

ShredCow said:
Why would you want/need that to be on all the time?

i dunno...gives abit of that percussive/pick strikes string feel?? its just me... maybe its psychological but i dun give a damn wuahwaahahah

The compressor pretty much kills dynamics outright. Esp when used with gain. Gives a fatter, fuller tone for chug/rhythm work but when it comes to soloing, you will have more problems with dynamics. Besides, with gain, its already compressed. And with a digital unit, its even more compressed.

oh... no idea how they work la but it looks cool to have lots of stuff stacked up there on the screen so... yea :roll:

Back