Olson sj cutaway cedar/rosewood $20,000.00 guitar with carlton case-must see!!!!

champion

Its finally here...the owner sent it in and its an honour to touch it, play it and work on it.

This is the OLSON SJ CUTAWAY CEDAR/ROSEWOOD $20,000.00 GUITAR WITH CARLTON CASE- it looks like the piece the famous James Taylor uses..only with a few differences..brazilian rosewood bindings on the body. Centre back strips with abalone purflings and the butt end with abalone purflings which adds the bling and beauty on this baby.

for those who don't know about Olson guitars check it out...alot of famous people uses its...String, Paul Simon and many

www.olsonguitars.com

The collector owner is a very fussy guy and just the end of last year sent this exact piece back to Jim Olson to have it looked thru and it came back with a New UV finished, new bridge and the whole guitar fully resetup like a new piece from the factory.

we start off with a you tube video on how it sounds..

followed by many picture shots of it...enjoy it and comment it if you will...my only wish right now is ...how to get an Olson guitar in my collection without telling my wife the price of the Olson...:p
8c4af7fb.jpg

aa176abb.jpg

9ad89c7a.jpg

2f095858.jpg

e884a058.jpg

1d323c11.jpg

just look at that butt end with the abalone purflings...lovely isnt it
b2d1e425.jpg

5 piece neck that adds stablity with no woof notes..
c3dabd04.jpg

super tight grain old growth indian rosewood
7744f595.jpg

508b040e.jpg

that lovely O on the headstock
O Holy Moses...Mother of Mary ..LOL!!!!...

f6ccb87a.jpg

4bf72c02.jpg

b013805b.jpg

the signature dove inlays that put all things in place...i just love the simplicity of this inlay...classic yet with lots of presence when you see it in the light of the whole guitar
d3d7f1f1.jpg

beautiful bridge that's well design..
c0343b23.jpg

86b6d946.jpg

6ab27d5e.jpg

There are about more than 10 Olsons in Singapore...and one collector owns more than 5 pieces in different wood combinations with Larry Robinson's inlays on it...If you had the extra cash...I would say...get an Olson..preferebly the ones with the Cedar tops...coz they sound the best with Cedar as its Jim's speciality .

Olson do hold their value very well and there is a list of wanting buyers ..or james taylor fans who loves to own their idols guitar which is this exact Olson SJ with cutaway and one without a cutaway.

cheers and enjoy the review
Jarvis

Back