new to guitar, need some help.

Saocority

hello everyone, im new to guitar and i am thinking of taking guitar as a hobby. can anyone out there help me out on the basics i should do, buy and learn? thanks. and i hope it wont be too difficult, im 13 and only decided to learn after an introduction by my music teacher. and oh btw, i taking acoustic guitar. and hope that recommendations are not too expensive, not more than $500? can i get a basic guitar? tyty. very lost here.

There are loads of guitars that are under $500 buddy, check the Yamaha store that's at Plaza Sing. Last I went, there was a couple of pretty good guitars on the racks that were selling for about $200. If you need help choosing a guitar, you can approach their staff too, they're pretty friendly. You can also get an acoustic tuner to help you tune (make sure you ask someone teach you first ah).

Gear wise that's pretty much all you need la.

Learning wise ask your music teacher see how lor, if he wants to teach you go ahead. You can supplement your learning by listening to some songs and looking at the chord book etc.

ah icic, thanks alot. i will go and check out the guitars there. and sadly, my teacher only talk abt it and not teaching. T.T .. and may i know wats tuner and stuff??

get a chord book and practise, practise, practise...

once you've grasped the basics,, you can move on to playing along with yr fav songs before moving into theory & other stuff

hope this helps :lol:

Well, a tuner is basically a device to help make sure the guitar is in tune for all the strings. It shows whether the string is flat or sharp or in tune.

First thing you should focus on is chords. It will be easier to progress on with guitars after learning the basic chords.

you can even get an electric guitar starter pack for $199 8) something for you to consider. while many would advocate embracing the acoustic as a beginner, if it's within your means to get an electric, by all means please do so.

Back