New [sfx] custom shop pedal!

cheesedaele

Brand new custom pedal prototype from UK booteek pedal maker SFX.
Looks like it's got heaps of beautiful mojo, especially if you're into vintage tones. Unbeatable warmth and creaminess.

From the original post (off-site):
Most of you know that Max at SFX tends towards coming up with his own designs and creates pedals with his philsophy of simple, functional, clean and well executed design. He is not known for making clones or copies of other pedals, but rather coming up with new an interesting ciruits to benefit bass players.

However, from time to time, there are pedals out there that are so revolutionary, so unique in their design and execution, that there really isn't another way to achieve the same thing without "borrowing" from the original circuit.

Max has asked me to test out one of his new custom shop pedals which, unlike most of his stuff, is based off a very rare, very boutique, Japanese pedal that is said to be one of the best signal enhancing circuits ever made. I was assured by Max that it took him months to track down the circuit diagram in order to replicate this pedal, but that, having done so, the results are worth it.

The pedal Max wanted me to try arrived in the mail today. I haven't tried it yet, but will post a full review once I get it on my pedal board tonight. However, I thought I might build up some anticipation in advance of getting the review posted.

I think Max is standing by to put this into full production, but at the moment I have the only version in existence of the new, SFX Micro-Spice.

Original thread from Talkbass here.

Merry Christmas everyone :p

Last edited:
Just read the thread it's like the jacks are just wired together with clothed cable in between?
What kind of sorcery is this?

Hehe reminds me of a pedal I saw where someone stuffed a coiley cable inside for the coiley mojo-.-

Back