MyTradingpost - Online Shopping Service from USA and JAPAN

ebenex

Hi guys,

We are pleased to be working with Ebenex to promote MyTradingPost - www.mytradingpost.com.sg which allows you to shop cheaply, quickly and safely from USA and Japan websites for almost anything (that's legal, of course!) from guitars, to CDs, to cosmetics etc.

Here are some suggestions to look for musical instrument bargains online:

USA:
www.musiciansfriend.com
www.sweetwater.com
www.gbase.com
www.thegearpage.net
www.jemsite.com

Japan:
www.yahoo.co.jp - type in Ibanez, Fender Japan etc.
www.rakuten.co.jp - do likewise
www.ishibashi.co.jp/u-box

We work with established logistics partners in New York, USA and Tokyo, Japan so you can get that dream guitar or amplifier at about 20% cheaper than comparable online shopping services in Singapore.

Please email us at info@mytradingpost.com.sg with a link of what you are looking for and we will assist you.

This is a painless and straightforward process and we're working with musicians on soft for a soft launch before taking this to the next level.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

David
Blackwood Guitars
MyTradingPost
Ebenex Music

Sounds interesting. I've been using Rinkya quite a bit, and also ordered direct from sweetwater. Could you give us an idea of your pricing formula, so we know ballpark how much it will cost? I agree there's some really good deals in the US right now, just take a look at Ebay.

We are in the USA now. Let us know what you want and we'll go to Guitar Center, Sam Ash or similar to get it for you. A shipment is scheduled from LA to Singapore next Tuesday so get in your orders fast. Please email sales@blackwood.com.sg and we'll give you an all inclusive quote!

Thegearpage's Emporium is full of mouthwatering deals these days. I arranged for a NY based friend of mine to buy a 2004 Gibson Historic 54 LP in Oxblood finish (the Jeff Beck one from "Blow by Blow") for 2,200 USD. Almost pulled the trigger on a limited edition mint Fender Custom Shop Strat in Firemist silver finish for $1700 but was too late. Even allowing for agent fees and VAT it's still a great way to buy guitars. Much better prices and nearly infinite variety. I buy tons of stuff from Japan also. Part of me feels sorry for Singapore retailers. Retail rents are insane, and I understand you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but as a consumer I don't feel an obligation to subsidize your landlord's lifestyle.

Last edited:
We help customers ship in guitars from the USA all the time. It definitely makes sense to order from the USA nowadays. We have been sourcing guitars from the USA since 2008 and have played a part in generally lower retail prices in local shops compared to 5 years ago.

Rent is high but is just one of the many factors to consider when running a business. Wages are high too and everything is relative. Wage earners in Singapore generally earn alot more money compared to counterparts in neighbouring countries and most can easily afford paying for a US Strat or a Les Paul.

Some guys also don't mind paying a premium to physically handle and play the guitar. It also saves them the worry about getting fleeced online, risk shipping damage or get a guitar that does not play as well as it should.

This one-stop MyTradingPost service offered gives customers an all inclusive quote in SGD, if they are satisfied, they place a 20% deposit and we ship it in for them within 2 weeks.

The onus also falls on us to ensure the guitar is delivered to Singapore and customers only pay when they get the guitar in the said condition. Deposits are refundable if we fail to deliver.

It is becoming more and more popular and we certainly encourage everyone to get the best deal they can online.

Just send us a web link and we will quote.

It is that simple.

See you guys soon!

David

P.S. Please email me at david@ebenex.com or call the shop at 6336 0601 to look for me. I will definitely take good care of you.

Hey David. Can I check do you only perform this service with respect to main distributors, or do you extend your service to small businesses as well?

Eg. I'm looking to purchase from a small builder (well-known, but small nonetheless) and have obtained a quotation on his part. Would you still handle the admin,etc? If your answer is yes, I will email you for more details.

Back