Musicians wanted for Doujin Music Circle

yuni

Hi!

This is CANA from UNISON, a relatively new Doujin Music Circle that recently started out in Singapore.

We've gathered about 9 members so far, but we're still looking for people who listens to Japanese music to join this doujin circle!

We are aiming to do covers first (primarily vocaloid songs by Nico Nico producers and anime songs - www.nicovideo.jp; account required to watch videos), and gradually progress to originals.

Participation in events are currently in negotiation stage; we plan on performing in the upcoming Cosfest, and might have periodic events at SCAPE as well.

There is no limit in the number of musicians/composers etc we take in as we hope to expand the circle as much as possible, but people who wish to join must be dedicated, responsible, and most importantly, passionate about music. Experience is not necessary as we hope to grow as a circle, but a little knowledge about the Doujin Music scene is a plus.

Most activities, especially those that require members to gather (recording, jamming etc) will primarily be held on Sundays to cater to those who have work or studies to cope with during the weekdays.

Influences/references on types of songs we will be doing:
GGRKS by Nico Nico Douga Amateur Singers: Clear and Wotamin
Rain Stops, Goodbye by Nico Nico Douga Amateur Singers: Mimu
Little Traveller by Nico Nico Douga Amateur Singer: Clear
Scrap and Build by Nico Nico Douga Amateur Singer: Nana
Dark Lunacy by Doujin Circle Gothika

Here's who we'll need:
Musicians:
Keyboardists/Pianists
Guitarists
*PRIORITY* Vocalists (male)
Bassists
*PRIORITY* Drummer
Players of other instruments welcome

Engineers/Composers/Arrangers/Lyricists:
It is a must to know Japanese if you're joining as a lyricist. Knowledge in digital music production preferred.

Other:
Web Designer
*PRIORITY* Events Coordinator - in charge of scouting upcoming events and registering the circle for gigs, etc.

Those interested and able to commit please email using the following format to k.cana@live.com :

Name:
Stage Name (if any):
Area you're living in (for us to arrange meet-ups at a convenient location):
Doujin Music Circle you are familiar with (if any):

FOR MUSICIANS ONLY:
Instrument (Vocals included):
Experience ("NA" if you have no experience; it's fine):
Demo (if applicable):

FOR COMPOSERS/LYRICISTS/ARRANGERS/ENGINEERS ONLY:
Applying for:
Demo (Mandatory; Lyricists please submit any song written by yourself):

Lastly, please understand that there will be no profit from this; UNISON is a circle where musicians gather to have fun, and only fun. Look elsewhere if you're planning to earn big money.

CANA

Last edited:
thx for the info. May I know when will be the cosplay/anime festival and when is the due date of the application?

There is no deadline to the application. We will only start looking at live performances when sufficient members have been gathered; that is to say, one of each listed category in my first post.

ok...Actually I'm a foreign student in Singapore and my course will be end on Sept this year...I dunno whether I'm still welcomed or not, since my next term timetable which is on April until June hasn't fixed.but I'll try to manage out my time..

I've just amended some stuff on the main post. Most activities will take place during weekends.

We are planning for a meet up sometime this month to discuss things in detail, and that includes when the circle will gather to do recordings and stuff, so if you're still interested, feel free to fill up the application and email it to me; I'll notify you on the meet up date, time and place as soon as we're ready to go.

=D

whoa, looks like a big project. good luck on it though, cos i dont know any doujin circle music.

Yo! fellow doujin musician here, glad to see another doujin group in sg, how is it going? what member do you still lack off? maybe i can help you find some of them

Got drummer here ... coming back home to Tinypore on 12th May ... had not touched a real drum for 4 years however i think i still can play a little ... i play guitar too ... interested in writing originals

Hey, I've sent an application once, t'was quite long ago and I didnt get any replies. just sent another one a few secs ago...
Wonder if I'd get a reply this time... Btw drummer dood here. +D

Back