Movie Tickets For Sale Cheap!!!

deve2545

Banned
Hi, I've got a pair of tickets to the not-to-be- missed critically acclaimed blockbuster "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" (NC16, starring Steve Carell & Keira Knightley, highly rated at 7.2/10 @ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307068) at Cineleisure Orchard on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7.15 pm for sale cheap!!!

UP : S$ 9.50 x 2 = S$19
SP : S$12 (ie 37% Discount - You SAVE S$7 for nothing!!!)

Since you're catching this highly-rated blockbuster movie anyway, why not save some money in the meantime? If you, your friends, colleagues, relatives or families are interested, do sms me NOW at 9-3-2-9-7-0-1-6 as the ONLY pair of tickets are strictly available on a FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVED basis. Thankx :)

Movie Synopsis :

An asteroid named "Matilda" is on a collision course towards Earth and in three weeks the world will come to an absolute end. What would you do if your life and the world were doomed? As the asteroid nears Earth, a man finds himself alone after his wife leaves in a panic. He decides to take a road trip to reunite with his high school sweetheart. Accompanying him is a neighbor who inadvertently puts a wrench in his plan.

Viewer Review : (Rated 9 /10, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307068)

Could have been a sequel to 'ARMAGEDDON' if Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Owen Wilson and the others had failed instead of succeeded!

Steve Carell and Keira Knightley are kind of oddly matched for this romantic comedy disaster film. The movie is about a man trying to meet up with his high school sweetheart, before the end of the world in just a few weeks, and the woman trying to get to her family, who accompanies him on his road trip. It was written and directed by Lorene Scafaria, who also wrote the quirky teen romantic comedy road film 'NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST' (This is her first time directing!). The film has brilliant supporting bit turns from the likes of Rob Corddry, Adam Brody, Patton Oswalt, T.J. Miller, Connie Britton, Derek Luke, William Peterson and Martin Sheen. It's definitely an odd film that takes the viewer to a lot of different places in a lot of different ways, which I loved it for. It's also both surprisingly funny and equally touching with a great profound message about life.

There's an asteroid on a collision course towards Earth and humanity's last hope (a space crew sent to stop it) has failed (So this movie could have been a sequel to 'ARMAGEDDON' if Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Owen Wilson and the others had failed instead of succeeded). Carell plays Dodge, an insurance salesman who upon hearing the news that all life will be over in three weeks then gets to see his wife (Nancy Carell, Steve Carell's actual wife) run from their car and his life forever. He later learns that his wife was cheating on him from a neighbor named Penny (Knightley), who recently dumped her loser boyfriend (Brody). Penny also delivers a letter to Dodge, that was dropped in her mailbox several months ago by mistake, which reveals that Dodge's old high school sweetheart still has feelings for him. Dodge makes an agreement with Penny that if she drives him to meet his old flame he'll take her to a pilot that can fly her to London to tell her family goodbye. So the two spend their last couple weeks alive together on a road trip and form a special bond.

The movie is extremely witty and clever; every line works, usually with a dark satirical tone, but there's no misfires here! The movie is just as impressive on the dramatic end as well and Scafaria's directing is beautifully fitting to the material; usually subtle, quiet and touching (not what you'd expect from a disaster film). The performances are all topnotch (Corddry is absolutely hilarious in his scene stealing small role) and despite Carell and Knightley seeming like an odd romantic pairing they actually have quite a bit of chemistry, which is the main driving force to the film (like with all good romances). It's nice to see Knightley doing something more quirky and offbeat compared to her usual Oscar bait and Carell continues to amaze with his choice in quality films (for a comedic actor he really knows how to pick good work). I'd say his films are at least 80% good or better, the only other comic actor I can think of with a comparable batting average is Seth Rogen but Carell's films usually tend to be surprisingly more dramatic. The film as a whole falls a little bit short of a masterpiece for me (at times it seems a bit meandering) but for the most part it really works!

Latest posts

Back