looking for bassist/cellist, percusions, and guitarist to form indie folk band.

Stanley Ho

Hello all,

A million apologies i realised i gave the wrong email it is stanleythegypsymusic@gmail.com and not stanleythegypsy@gmail.com

A short introduction, I'm a local singer/songwriter, twenty-five this year and looking for like-minded musicians to form an indie folk band together. I've played in a couple of bands, and started writing my own songs in the recent years, I have a handful of them and have many more ideas i intend on working on in the next few months.

Here is my facebook and soundcloud page:
https://www.facebook.com/stanleyhmusic
https://soundcloud.com/stanleythegypsy

A "few" haha of my main influences include: bon over, fleet foxes, john mayer, kings of convenience, beatles, kurt cobain, elliot smith, paolo nutini, beirut, zee avi, mazzy star, cat power, fleet foxes, iron & wine, james vincent mcmorrow, benjamin francis leftwich, keaton henson, pixies, radiohead, lana del rey, david bowie, arcade fire, the smiths, interpol, arcade fire, the smiths, interpol, daughter, edward sharpe & the magnetic zeroes, foals, haim, jeff buckley, oasis, beatles, johnny cash and civil wars

i think it's very important that we share similar music tastes, because I have a pretty clear direction on how i want the band to be like, and because of experiences i've had. i'm not this bossy usually hahaha, but i just want to be upfront about it.

I've played as the resident act at sembawang yacht club for about half a year in 2013, recently i've been playing t a couple of open mics and shows solo, namely with the diarists at gem bar, mike spinks at the hard rock cafe, at pink noise with casual concepts and at outpost bar and bistro's original tuesdays with yuji kumagai.

I have a couple of names ready for the band as well, but this could be up for discussion after everything is settled.

e-mail at – stanleythegypsymusic@gmail.com
or pm me on Facebook – facebook.com/stanleyhoo
with
1) a small short little demo if you have any if not its fine as well(soundcloud/youtube anything)
2) a short bio? (experiences, how and when you can commit, are you committed? what bands you are influenced by, how is your playing like, if you can sing, what else.. feel free to write.)
3) a link to your Facebook (just for stalking purposes, no I'm kidding, so we can arrange for a jam session in a faster and fuss free way!)

looking forward to hearing from you guys, and cheers!

Back