Korg Trinity?

DoubleDecker

Anyone using Korg Trinity? Can tell me (can be anything!) a little bit about this workstation?

I am in no hurry to get a synth/keyboard/midi controller, it's not a "immediate priority" but I would like to find out the various options I have on top of the Roland X-7. Trinity sort of caught my eye. But besides the metallic beauty, I need some practical information on how it is.

I'm more likely to be getting a synth/midi controller to supplement my electronic music. And I am not a person who change gear regularly, I prefer something that I can keep and use for a long time.

Thanks...

DD

the trinity can sound pretty dated, and the AI2 engine is a rather thin-sounding one. the triton HI-system sounds thicker and fatter, but less organic-ness in the sounds. if u wanna get the trinity, might as well go for a triton. if u're doing electronic music, u'll want to get a triton over the trinity.

as a controller, the trinity is pretty limited too. only 2 buttons, ribbon and 2 pedals. triton has the same plus four knobs, and a few more buttons than the trinity, and a faster touch screen. trinity touch screen is SLOW.

metallic beauty? hmm.. i think the trend is moving away from the metallic colour already.

look up the older threads. there's been previous discussion about korg trinity.

KORG TOYS

i have been a sound man for 14 years. i have used alot of differant toys in that time. my advice - if it says korg on the box DO NOT BUY IT!!!

have you looked into VSTi's?
do you use a Mac or PC?

VSTi's are far lower in price and in this day and age the rusults are not far apart - in some cases better! a good sound card with a few outs will make it easyer to mix too.

buy a mag called 'future music' and have a look at the toys in there.

but what ever you do be very sure you realy want to buy a korg before you do, you will get bored of it very quickly!

look at yamaha, othere roland and VSTi's first - I BEG YOU!!!

:roll:

iansoh: Thanks bro for the feedback. I did try to search through the threads but not much practical usage feedback, or perhaps I am looking at the wrong threads.

I haven't hear how a Trinity sounds like yet, but if it's not going down well with the majority then maybe I will not spend the effort to even go try it. As of outlooks, yea - no matter how the trend has gone, I'm still a "metallic" person. LOL!

otpp: I'm on PC right now. I'm using Storm2.0 and Fruityloops 90% with VSTi, plugins and effects which I downloaded from all kind of source. Even if I do not use them proper, I keep it there just to experiment with new sounds and combinations. The rest of the 10% is spent on learning new stuffs like Cubase or play around with Ableton demo. So that's not very much.

Don't worry, I am not rushing, that is why I'm here to find out more first. How else better than to get feedbacks and advice from people whom has use or tried the item?

One of the reasons on me picking up more strongly on acquiring a controller or synth is because it makes composing the melody - especially long ones - alot easier. It's a pain in the ass to be actually clicking on the tabs in the software one by one, beat by beat.

Alright thanks guys ... let's see if there's anyone else who like to add on more advice or feedback about the Trinity.

Hi DD, I agree with Iansoh. Not only does the Trinity sound thin, the keybed isn't that good either. The touch is extremely plastic. With Triton around, there's no reason to go back to Trinity unless you are on a very tight budget and want to go for second or third hand Trinity. You can't compare the Roland X series with something as old as the Trinity - they are of different generations.

Roland, Korg and Yamaha have very different sounds. Choosing between them depends on the type of music and genre you are going to write. If you already have Cubase, then you don't really need a keyboard with a build-in sequencer, which will mean you can widen your choices to synths rather than workstations. Workstations are more costly. Saving that money may mean you can get extra sound modules to expand your arsenal of sounds.

!!

Yeah. I'll say.

Boon Studios has the KORG Trinity in two of their rooms if I'm not wrong. I'll have to agree with the replies posted. A Triton's much better(though I still prefer my N5EX). Hahah. And oh, if you ask me, I'd go for the Triton Extreme. Though I'd choose Moog for all those analog synths stuff. Hahah.

Well yeah, I guess if you wanna make an investment out of a Trinity, I'd give it a no.

:)

Re: KORG TOYS

otpp said:
i have been a sound man for 14 years. i have used alot of differant toys in that time. my advice - if it says korg on the box DO NOT BUY IT!!!

I beg to differ. Have you heard the Korg Radias?
Seems that the electronica fraternity is torn between this & the Access Virus Ti. Does say something about its abilities, doesn't it?

Cheez said:
Hi DD, I agree with Iansoh. Not only does the Trinity sound thin, the keybed isn't that good either. The touch is extremely plastic. With Triton around, there's no reason to go back to Trinity unless you are on a very tight budget and want to go for second or third hand Trinity. You can't compare the Roland X series with something as old as the Trinity - they are of different generations.

there are people who says Trinity patches are better than Triton,
Triton sounds too digital.

ive been using trinity for quite a long time, if u are a club player , u will know how wonderful sound trinity have ,it really cuts thru .its how u EQ the keys. I using trinity and still looking to buy one if theres anyone selling it.

if u are a club player , u will know
how wonderful sound trinity have ,
it really cuts thru .its how u EQ the keys.
I using trinity and still looking to buy one
if theres anyone selling it.
can triton do the job? only trinity can cuts through the EQ?

Back