Intensive Bass Workshop this summer (June)

bassinc

Hi all, could i have a show of hands for the above for those who are interested? All details, e.g course outline, price and place will be lay out soon. All I can say is that it will be held on the 3rd week of June. But I need to segregate all of you to the level that you are in. Just tell me how long have you been playing and what do you know about bass playing. Sms me at 94990929 or email bassinc_2000@yahoo.com if you need further answers.

Just tell me what do you know want to know about bass playing besides techniques. Actually i received some ideas from you to cover some of these topics :
1) Back to basics - this topic is ideal for beginners or for those who needs to get refresh. Basic finger exercise...no not the chromatic scale, although thats a VERY effective exercise. Just to get those tight finger muscle to become soft and fast. I will share a finger exercise where you will use major and minor triads. And I call it the blindfold finger exercise.
2) Creating Bass Lines - This syllabus is my all time favourite because its the FAQ. I will cover topics on how are progressions are formed, how chords are formed etc. AND the IMPORTANCE of learning scales.
3)Techniques - This, i believe will be popular among you guys. Will cover slapping, harmonics, chord tappings intensively.

Still, i need some topics from you guys. Because some of you might need help in another area. Also which day is best for you? If its on a weekday, which part of the day? So if we have it on a weekend, what time is best? I will try to accommodate your request as much as possible. Am still working on the duration for the workshop though. Meanwhile, keep bassy....

Hi
The dates for the workshop will be on the 18th, 19th, and 20th of June. It will be held at Boon Studio. On the 18th will be for beginners, the 19th will be for intermediate and the 20th there will be a guest instructor for all beginners, intermediate and advanced participants. BUT i will ONLY have the workshop confirmed if there are more than 5 participants. So I really need your confirmation as to whether you are interested to join this workshop. Email me at bassinc_2000@yahoo.com or sms 94990929.
Price will be nett at $40 per person for 4 hours per day. As I've said earlier, this workshop will be an interactive one where all of you will have to bring your bass and plug into the PA. Thank you for your time and patience. Keep bassy!

Wow! Just received 1 sms after i click on the 'Post Quick Reply' button down there. Its from Keith. Thanks bro. He asked whats the requirement under the "intermediate" level. Well...at least you need to know the notes on the fretboard. In other words, no reading music notation is required. NO TABS PLEASE. NO VIDEOS. AUDIO RECORDING IS OK. Writing materials will be provided. You can bring your own if you want. And remember...BYOB!

bro...this is SOFT la!!! for god's sake, if anybody has to PAY you will get no replies man!! just ....say, it's for free.....ALL the freeloaders will attend ....

Back