how to tune pearl rhythm traveler kit

Candicechew

hi everyone!

I'm new to soft.com.sg! so really do want to make new friends around here :)
I've gotten a new drum kit (pearl rhythm traveler) due to space constraint etc etc. Soooo, do anyone know how to tune a rhythm traveler kit?? cause this is my first new kit!

Hmm I've never tried actually tuning a Rhythm Traveller before, but hope this helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl9wgXSfxew
Or you can try googling how to tune concert drums, if I never remember wrongly concert drums usually use only batter head for toms. But actually for me, the only thing to keep in mind is to make sure the whole drum head is tuned evenly, the rest is up to you. As long as you like the sound of your kit then that should be fine. Try listening to your favourite songs and listen to how their drums sound like. :D Good luck!

Hey Candice, it depends on the type of sound you want and it's rather up to the individual as some may like a higher/lower pitch etc. You got to play around with it and yes, listening to your favourite songs/drum beats will help. I just got a kit for home practise last week and i spent 2 days figuring out the correct tune and it's still somewhat not perfect.

Try searching online on the basic tuning steps (tightening the lugs finger-tight and tightening the lugs 1/4 turns etc) and you'll roughly get the hang of it.

Btw, nice kit you got there. I was searching for one but instead chose to get the Tama Stagestar instead.

Good luck!

Thanks so much to the both of you for the comments and the help! :) I have roughly learn on how to tune and based from youtube vids too! :D somehow the sound isn't so perfect yet, but it's something that i like and that i feel comfortable with! :) once again, thanks!!

Back