How to install the whammy bar?

foxblinkhope

i personally use a tune-o-matic bridge, but my friend recently brought a guitar with a saddle bridge ? i dunno whats that called, then the staff nv taught him how to put the whammy bar and use it . so any help? is it just screw the whole thing in?

Hmm.

You can opt to screw in the whammy bar directly into the bridge, where a hole has been allocated next to the saddles for your whammy bar.

However, if this is like a strat-type bridge (non floyd-rose), I would suggest putting a small spring inside the arm screw cavity so that when you screw in the arm to your desired depth it won't flop loose but can retain whatever angle you turn the arm to.

should i like loosen the strings before screwing it in? cause as u screw the whammy in the bridges actually moves , making the strings tighter right?

Hmm.

No need to loosen the strings. Unless your tremolo uses less than 3 springs, your bridge really should be flat against the body with perhaps a slight gap of about 1mm?

Only if you depress the whammy bar against the body of the guitar then it will detune / reduce the tension of the strings.

your supposed to depress the bar against the guitar's body...

and supposedly the spring method isnt good according to callaham.

Back