Help for Garritan PO needed!

starbright

Hi, I am currently experiencing problems loading sounds on the Kontakt player. For example, when i choose to load a dry Steinway Piano, a window will appear stating "could not find sample" followed by the directory location of the wav sample. Then it says "find it automatically or locate it manually?" However, I am able to load the Celeste sounds. I am puzzled by the problem I have... Can anybody tell me how to resolve this problem? Is there something that I'm missing? I tried looking into the directory where my GPO is installed... the .wav sample is not existent.

Hi. The samples in Kontakt are not in wav format. Can you give us more details - the specs of your PC. If all fails, go to www.northernsounds.com and place your questions in the GPO forum there.

On second thoughts, the problem sounds more like software problem rather than hardware. Maybe try re-installing. Which sequencer are you using?

Definitely post this at GPO forum site. Gary Garritan himself answers questions quickly there.

I am using an AMD athlon 1 Ghz system with 256MB ram and Creative SB Audigy for your information. I have tried reinstalling the program but the same problem exists. Thanks for replying... I shall post my problem on garritan forum and hope for help...

If i remember correctly the kontakt files should be in some nk(m/s/i) format. If you start browsing with a kontakt sampler you should be able to browse through directories that can only be seen in the kontakt explorer. So if you do that and still can't find it then that's it.

Yes, it is in nki format. But it should be there, of course unless you're using an "unregistered" version (I certainly hope you're using the original). Sorry, can't help you beyond that. I don't have Kontakt. Maybe somebody else. Northernsounds is the place to go.

Hi guys... thanks for the info... i still havent had time to try out... Will notify u all when i solve the problem or meet up with another obstacle. Thanks!

Back