Height adjustment of pickups...

RockerJ_77

Hey guys... Im kinda not so sure about the height of pickups to adjust..
I wana know wad are the advantages and disadvantages for setting the height of the pickups(for eg,setting the pickups 10mm away from the strings gives you what advantages n disadvantages..
Im using a SX strat wif my bridge pickup raised slightly higher than the rest,and my neck pickup is unbalanced,slightly higher to the 3 bass strings...

it affects the tone to a certain extent, also if you dont balance it well, there'll be a volume jump when you toggle another pup

and whether its raised higher on the lower strings or higher strings will affect how much high end or low end it has tonally.

Hmm.

Also understand that in many cases for medium / high output humbuckers, the closer the pickup is to the strings, the more muddier it would be. So try and see how clean your sund can be by backing off the pickp height and see if your pickup volume is balanced as well.

Ooh... Ic2.. Thx guys! Cool.

Glentiaw:So ryte!! =)

Wait oh yeah.. One side of my middle pickup is sinking into the body.. I try to raise but it cant be raised... Does it mean that the spring is loose?

Back