Has anyone used this ?

V6 /8 series 2

:D Planning for KRK V6 or 8 series 2 (V6, V8 discontinued). I have got one M85-D for S$99 from SLS not for mixing but to use with my synth when away from my studio setup

Hi

Creative M85-D UP S$155. I got it for 99 two days back from IMS Com 05-75 Sim Lim.

It is good for the price. It serves my purpose.

KMA

Hi,

Yes.

It has a pair of RCA - analogue and Digital (a switch changes between the setting) and an optical socket.

I have no idea about other models

Regards

KMA

KMA,

I bought a set too today. Sounds very impressive for a $99 monitor. Great for plugging in for my keyboards.

Need time to compare.

Monitor

Hi,

what monitor do you recommend for mixing ? My set up is Triton, Sonar & P4

Thanks

KMA

what's your budget pal?

I would choose an "ugly" sounding flat speakers, cos i believe that whatever sounds nice in such speakers would sound nice elsewhere too.

Alesis M1 Active.

Wow, those creative speakers are going for a bargain. I might just check them out at less than $100!

Im looking for my 1st pro monitors tho. I am looking seriously at the Mackie HR824. Its supposed to be really flat and active speakers save a bit of headache in the long run. How does it sound in reality tho? Does anyone know where i can get a pair and how much it costs?

My simple review of the M-85D.

The cons:

Definately a colored pair of speakers. First noticed is the artifical bass extension and quite muddy mids.

I have to turned down the bass to match my alesis and even if i reduce, it still sounded artificial. Mid instruments are not very well defined and caused some "muddiness" that i do not like. Hard to separate/mix mid freq instruments.

Very large and heavy power adaptor/heatsink.

Pros:

Cheap price for 24 bit digital convertors, well build - set feels heavy and solid wood makes it look and feel professional. Low power consumption.

Centered and well focused speakers. Good for mixing and editing especially vocals.

Very powerful gain. On at 9 o'clock and its very load already.

I would say a rather good buy for a instrument/KB monitors or a referencing speakers after you have mix on a better pair of monitors to reflect consumer speaker sounds.

mike

I agree. Defects: The mid is missing and boosted bass. But a good monitor for my yamaha and Korg keyboards when I am away from my studio setup

Back