Filipino Music aka OPM (Original Pilipino Music)

quiverpool

Please point us where we can listen to Filipino music.

Hope the songs are in English so our Singaporean friends can understand.

sorry to be off topic

i believe that filipino and malay came from same root... our races not far. same goes to thailand.

you are correct about this....actually in school Filipinos are taught that they came from Malay people who were riding from boats called "balanghay" when they came in the Philippines.

that also explain it that some Tagalog words are similar to Malay.
to add to that even the art forms are really similar especially with Filipinos living in the south like Mindanao which remains predominantly Muslim.

to be exact we came from the same race - brown skin people.

no wonder. because i read up somewhere that jose rizal is a malay..although some people denies it as there is no 100% prove for its race. so the filipino kids are thought that they come from malay? hmm... interesting. is philipines christian predominant or catholic? but what i know is that before the spanish invasion, philipines is an islam predominant country but then most of them converts during spanish era?

but true la, some tagalog borrows some word from malay, or vice versa (i would find out bout this tho) and malay borrows from portugese, sanskrit(most) and arabic.

conclusion: can i say that - malay, indonesian, thailand, myanmar, vietnamese, burmese (remind me of genghis khan!), philipinos and papua new guinea are from the same roots? same ethnic groups?

so how many skin coloured are there?

white skin, black skin, yellow skin and brown skin?

wow history hahahahaha
i know the philippines was discover by ferdinand magellan .....hahaha
any body wanna play opm music lets jam ok ( off topic )_ hahahaha

yes Jose Rizal has Malay features but he is more Chinese..with trickles of Spanish, Japanese and Negro blood. His ancestry came from Amoy, China ... read more of him here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Rizal

Philippines is predominantly Roman Catholic but a large concentration of Muslim is in the south. Before the Spanish came I think that some natives are already Muslims or practicing other religions like nature worship.

And another, Magellan was killed in a skirmish in the Philippines by a Cebu tribe chief, Lapu-lapu - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapu-Lapu

Yeah it appears like we are talking about history here...Lets get back talking about OPM.

Back