Do You want to rally your music fans? – Far East Plaza (Singapore)

cyj

http://www.meetup.com/The-Singapore-Singers-Songwriters-Meetup-Group/messages/boards/thread/9052552/

Music Performance 040510 – Far East Plaza (Singapore)
(##this event requires no registration fee as it is sponsored by Far East Plaza)

Calling out to all Musicians!
Here’s another chance for your music to be heard again! Far East Plaza is organising a music sharing session of individuals and bands in Singapore (*as long as you are in this country!). The theme for this music showcase is “All About Youths”, if you wish to perform your ORIGINAL song that is lively, fun and energetic – join us! Give it your best shot now and share this piece of news with fellow avid musicians. Hurry! The closing date for submission of your interest is on 14th May 2010 (by 11.59pm Singapore time).

Your Performance Date:
21st May 2010

What Time & Venue? 7pm to 9.15pm at Far East Plaza (2nd level)

Feel of Your Music:
In line with youthfulness, being hip and energetic

How many are we selecting? 8 to 10 groups (each having 2-3 original songs to perform)

How do I go about expressing my interest and what is in it for me?

1.) Send in 2-3 video clip samples of your past performance via Youtube URL link
2.) Let us know of the 2-3 English original songs you will be singing (can we hear it on your Myspace profile? and lyrics too!)
3.) Selected bands and individuals will be notified via phone and email

Best Overall Vote and Support for Performing Group: $300 cash
Want to treat your fans and supporters to supper after your performance? We will combine points for the most invitees on your Facebook event page and supporters (i.e. your friends and fans!) on the actual day – a token sum for a meal together!

Best Original Theme Song: $200 cash
The theme revolves around Youths – the positive lyrics and catchy melody scores will definitely be a highlighted point. As a youth, how do you want to express yourself?

Best Overall Group Performer: $150 cash
Are you able to groove confidently to your music on stage and wow the audience on the floor? We will love to see your showmanship and stage presence!

What’s the best thing of all? Being one of the performing groups, you will stand a chance to be selected to record your original song in an EP album compilation!

The above event is kindly sponsored by Far East Plaza.

Last Date of Submission: 14th May 2010 (11.59pm SIN time)

**Selected performers will be contacted via email and phone within the week of closing. You must declare that the original songs performed are of your copyrights. If you are selected for the EP album compilation, a separate date for the professional recording will be scheduled for you.

Kindly email your entries to ask@expressinmusic.com before the due date stated above. Please state in the email subject header “Music Performance 040510 – Far East Plaza (Singapore)” and provide us with personal contact details in your email too. Thank you.

Not to be missed !

Wow ! This sounds really good ! wondering is there any fixed genre for the competition ?:p

Cool!!

Hi

Cool initiative to create a platform to allow the local youth musical scene to shine! (and gals to shop at the same time.. haha)

p.s. I copied your post onto another thread (hope you do not mind yea.. :p)

Interested...But I am wondering what can I do...
Cause I am yet to have my own proper recorded songs..Hahaha..All recorded by phones..

as per the music brief...the most important element is that u share and showcase your original music to audiences at Far East Plaza...the 10 groups are chosen but we are anticipating Far East Plaza to come up with this monthly...looking forward to this first event organized

do come down to support your local music acts and should the response be good, we will expect it to be ongoing every month with Far East Organisation go-ahead!

the next round we call for online "audition", you can be the one performing on stage~! =)

Cheers to all and see you this Friday at Far East Plaza ...level 2 atrium

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58221695922#!/event.php?eid=122127677816952&ref=mf

Back