Be Prepared For - Drum-Challenge Again In 2008 Veryyyyyyy Soon.!

Dear Drummers

I heard. there will be a Drum-Challenge again for this year 2008, probably sometime in June? (I could be wrong - I think so) .....

So, - Get Prepared, Gear Up, Work-Out once again for this year DRUM-CHALLENGE organise by Drum Fest....Give It Your Best Shot .... we have many Awesome.eeeeeee Drummers here dont' we.eee? - YES !.

Hm.mmmm does this means - there will be a Singapore Drum-Festival 2008 (I never say anything here - I just merely asked.ddddddddddd) anyone knows????? since there is a Drum-Challenge......

3 categories
a) Age 7-14
b) Age 15-20
c) Age 21 & above

All past participants (other than 1st place winners of 2007 Drum Challenge) are welcomed to take this 2008 challenge to the next level!
All contestants from any part of Asia are welcome!
Registrations are not opened yet. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Last year 2007, a number of Soft's Bros and DXS Members here did join the "Drum Challenge".....

1st - They have a Preliminary Round.

There is a Panel Of Judges (Last year judges if I could remember were - Tony Zee, Jimmy Lee, Tan Boon and another I could not remember who).......The drummers will play in a room.....Of all these Drummers who goes to this Preliminary Round ....Last year 12 Drummers were then selected to go into the Semi-Finals (12 each for Under 21-Category & another 12 for Above 21 Category) which the Semi were held at Plaza Singapura (open Stage), it was wonderful.

Semi-Finals
At the Semi, the Drummer 1st play with an accompanying Bassists/Keyboardists ( The Drummer here play Grooves 1st) - then after that he continue to play Solo all by himself - and there is a time for him to play (or else he will go on forever)...hahahaha !

Finals
The 2 Final Semi-Finalists for each Category will then compete at the Finals...Last Year it was at Singapore Drum Festival 2008 at SunTec City Convention Hall.....It's nice.eeeee

and........rest assure there will be Foreign Drummers competing again this year ..... so, my dear Singaporean Drummers especially DXS Members - Do Us Proud Again - The whole DXS & Soft is Behind you

Cheers !

Eric

Last edited:
DRUM CHALLENGE 2008 - Registration starts 30 MAY 12 noon

Drummers... Its here!

Time to shine!

Registration starts from May 30- June 18 2008

Log on to Singapore Drumfest at 12 noon on 30th May.

DCA13june08.jpg

4 Categories
Age 19 and below
Age 20 and above
Age 12 and under
Percussion Duo (no percussion and age limit)

Last edited:
Thanks Bruce for the link... the Drum Off at Guitar Center is almost like a tradition in the US, where young and talented drummers get discovered every year, and a platform for launching their drumming careers.

Here's hoping that the Singapore Drum Challenge one will do the same for our very own local drummers... CHEERS !!!!

Thank you USAdrummer and Plainsman!

For rules on Drum Challenge ASIA 2008...

Pls log on to Singapore Drumfest to see rules right below in the DCA registration page.

DCA13june08.jpg

Last edited:
ala...i cant participate...cheh...hahaha my enlistment date is 10th june...so cannot join hahaha sobs sobs sadded...but i will come down for the show/performances if i'm free over the weekends from NS hee...lol :p

How exactly do we sign up?
The rules state:"3. All registrations must be submitted via email to the dca@singaporedrumfest.com only. No
other submissions will be accepted
. A reply email will notify you." however, there's a registration form on the website itself, so it's quite confusing haha

Any DRUMMER that is still up for the challenge may have a walk in audition.

Pls come in on sat at 430pm.
or Sun at 1230pm

442 A Joo Chiat Road
Tel : 64400032

"NEVER BACK OFF FROM A CHALLENGE!!"

We've seen great skills and talent today! More to come tomorrow!

Auditions are still open....just walk in!

Call 64400032

Come join us at The ARENA, Clark Quay this Sat 16th Aug 08 for FINALS of Drum Challenge Asia 1.30pm to 5.00pm. See details of participants on our main website. The drummers will be playing with their BANDS!

See special guest Demas Narawangsa, 15 Yr old drum prodigy from Indonesia perform a special drum clinic!!! http://www.myspace.com/demasnarawangsa

Ticket pricing for Drum Challenge Finals as follows - Door charges - S$12/- nett for 1 x Alcoholic /Soft Drink above 18 years old and S$10/- nett for Soft Drink under 18 years old for the public. Nice & comfortable place, air-conditioned & 4 hrs of entertainment in total! Goodie bags and lucky draw prizes to be taken home!

Thank you. Families & Friends of the Drum Challenge participants are strongly encouraged to come and support them at this event!

Concert in the Park tickets to be given out as Lucky Draw worth $80!

Concert in the Park Headliners
Saturday Headliner : American Idol's Sy Smith & Teddy Campbell in all American Star Band
Sunday Headliner : Rockstar INXS & Supernova's Storm Large & Rafael Moreira & Nate Morton

Singapore Drumfest Committee 2008
www.SingaporeDrumfest.com
16aug.jpg

Last edited:
Back