Bata Drums in Singapore

rla

Hi all,

Does anyone know of ppl who play bata drums here in singapore. Be it religious or for fun?

Bata Drumming

Bata drums is one my my favourite too. Oh.......it is difficult to play especially with both yr hands concentrating on 6 drumheads - the high/low - chacha/Enu on the Lya, itolele and Okonkolo. The combine sound effect of one bata player is like 3/4 hand drummers at work. The sound of the Bata is rich as I had the opportunity to see a Pro conguero from Cartagena at work on the Batas. Apparently he conduct Conga Pte lesson, not sure if he is keen to teach the bata. Fee can be X. Can PM me your contact if serious. Was told Bata drum is a religious ritual Cuban sacred drums, and the drumming skill is only impart fm the master drummer to their own members of its religious group - no outsiders.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of ppl who play bata drums here in singapore. Be it religious or for fun?

Ricky my Bro, seems like you really knows alot about Hand Drums har?.....Kekekeke

PS: rla wanna play Bata Drums ask me lah - I teach you when I am free one of these day - bery easy one..Kekeke...First you buy Bata Shoe.

bata drums originated from africa bro. they used it for prayer and sacred rituals. The drumming is quite complex, just like the gendang jawa or sunda. Maybe the la-salle percussion students are learning it, but i'm not sure la, have to check with them.

Bata drumming

RD, Reckon if can made it, I would not hesitate to proceed with the Bata. The key word is - "No No", too difficult ......lah. It is going to be too stressful and a burden on both my hands. Strokes too complex, Handwork too fast. In 3 ways - No way..........Lah - Bro.

Ricky my Bro, seems like you really knows alot about Hand Drums har?.....Kekekeke

PS: rla wanna play Bata Drums ask me lah - I teach you when I am free one of these day - bery easy one..Kekeke...First you buy Bata Shoe.

Back