Metallica for Singapore?

Synester

Hey guys.

Did Metallica ever come to Singapore?If yes,when did they come?If no,when the hell are they going to perform in Singapore?

yes,1993 i was -2 years old.

Gorverment ban them cos of riot,actually ITS NOT
Its just a pit and the fans jump around and headbang,which made the gorverment think its riot maybe?Think so not so sure

Also james hetfield spitting and vulgar..............erm its normal way of rock'n roll what.

Also bringing in drugs,well without drugs i dont think met fans would be happy to see metallica tired then active?

So gorverment ban them
I got the details according to my seniors back in the 80s.Still fan of metallica =)
And some youtube research,mtv news and asia

Last edited:
If metallica comes!This is my list i gona wish for if in met club!!

1.SEEK AND DESTROY
2.JUMP IN THE FIRE
3.ENTER SANDMAN
4.FADE TO BLACK
5.UNFORGIVEN 2
6.ONE
7.FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
8.ORION (R.I.P) CLIFF BURTON FOR YOUR GREAT MUSIC!

Yeah think the max songs would be this.Hope so haha!

Haha... I agreed with emptyspaces. No point asking softies here when we all aint got a say in whether Metallica will include Singapore in their tour list.

Yup, they were here before once at the indoor stadium. Some seats got ripped from the ground and it was pandemonium. The pit had some troubles but hey... what do you expect from a metallica concert? hehehhe

I do wish they do pop by once again. They have re-born with death magnetic :D

very optimistic to even think about the setlist =)
but i really do hope they make it here again

in the first fook place, why are there seats in a metal concert? served the organizers right when we stood on the seat handles and started the pandemonium. i was at the front row and it was only $150 for the most expensive "seats" in the house back then.

if you have the live shit: binge and purge box set, you can read the 'rules and regulations' from the organizers in singapore printed in the included booklet such as,

no smoking on stage,
no swearing,
no consuming of alcohol,
no nudity.

jaymz was guilty of the last three since metallica doesn't smoke back then. jaymz and lars was playing topless, swigged beers in plastic cups during break while lars sprayed beer all over the front row. last but not least, jaymz uttered the word " f u c k".

that said, would you play here again if you were metallica?

if they're open-minded enough like how all metal bands should be ^^ they should come back since times have changed (Count the number of time Slipknot said F**K during the concert...hell...even religious-sensitive Slayer came)...and more importantly...for the fans =)

God rlly hates me. Why was i born on 1993!?! I wish i was born in the late 70s/ early 80s, metal was at its very best back then.

metal was at it's best back then....but there weren't many opportunities for them to visit Singapore....I would much prefer to live in this generation....things will only get better =)

I think times have changed since then. Things are more open now compared to the ninties. bands like slipknot have made their way to our shores and uttered the F word one too many times on stage and it all went well with not a word from the media to diss about. Not many metal bands make it to the indoor stadium to a sell out crowd. And yes, ticket prices were cheaper back then.

:D

nu-metal. nu-metal bands think its uber kewl to use the f word :)

but in actual fact, there are much better words to use besides the f word to express one's emotions. just that these nu-metal bands dont know how to.

Come on man
whats wrong with spitting,swearing,drinking,what ever?
ITS A NORMAL WAY OF METAL

Gorverment ban them cos they scared scared?lol

if bands are banned cos of vulgarities, they should damn well ban our army as well.

my introduction to army lingos:

"EH CB! STOP SHAKING YOUR F-ING LEG!. I SAID YOU CB! STOP SHAKING YOUR F-ING LEG!"

vulgarities have become so common that it doesnt raise eyebrows anymore when you hear people cursing and swearing on the roads. (i dont mean like swearing at nothing like a madman if you get wad i mean, but rather including swear words in daily conversation)

if bands are banned cos of vulgarities, they should damn well ban our army as well.

my introduction to army lingos:

"EH CB! STOP SHAKING YOUR F-ING LEG!. I SAID YOU CB! STOP SHAKING YOUR F-ING LEG!"

vulgarities have become so common that it doesnt raise eyebrows anymore when you hear people cursing and swearing on the roads. (i dont mean like swearing at nothing like a madman if you get wad i mean, but rather including swear words in daily conversation)

Ah hahahahhahahahahhahahaha

"EH CB STOP SHAKING YOUR F-KING LEG"
LOL LOL!!!Yeah i like that hahahah
they really use that in army ar bro?

well, that was the first sentence i heard from an army personnel when i first enlisted, was sitting in tekong auditorium chilling when someone was shaking his leg, then one of the sergeants come over and told him off (in that manner) lol.

anyway, they use that and more in army. if you have a civilised commander they talk really nicely though. there are always exceptions everywhere.

but i still dont understand why drinking on stage is disallowed in singapore. maybe make the shows nc-16 or smth if they scared kids learn from their idols.

well, that was the first sentence i heard from an army personnel when i first enlisted, was sitting in tekong auditorium chilling when someone was shaking his leg, then one of the sergeants come over and told him off (in that manner) lol.

anyway, they use that and more in army. if you have a civilised commander they talk really nicely though. there are always exceptions everywhere.

but i still dont understand why drinking on stage is disallowed in singapore. maybe make the shows nc-16 or smth if they scared kids learn from their idols.

Well can't expect them to all sit then and shut up lol
its a METAL concert
not jazz...
gorverment can't expect that right?no fun at hall -.-

Back