Who's into shoegaze?

I want i want ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes I enjoy the sound of a guitarist who layers effect pedal after effect pedal, plays one note, and has that single note reverb for 10 minutes throughout the entire song. I love my shoes so I like gazing at them. Shoegazer music feels like it comes from the stars ---> by the time I 'get it', I'll be dead, lightyears later.

Yes but by the time the light of the stars reaches us, we'll all be dead, and so will some of the stars. That's because it literally takes thousands and thousands of years for the light of some of the stars (i.e. other 'Suns') to reach Earth in which case most of the time, those stars have turned into supernovas.

So yes, it is a measure of distance but I was referring to the fact that by the time light travels that distance, years would have gone by and we'd be dead by then. Hence, 'lightyears later' would be similar in usage as 'after travelling for 10000,0000000kms...etc etc, i'd be dead"

There you go! Sorry for your mistake :p

Cheers :p

Last edited:
i'm not one to debate genre semantics, but shoegazing doesn't necessarily have to be wall of sound. Lots of band can still sculpt a meticulous, textural, effects-layered soundscape and still sound 'chill' (cocteau twins, robin guthrie, mazzy star, auburn lull etc ) sound and is often dubbed dreampop or sometimes noisepop, which is very closely associated to the shoegazing movement in general. I think a few softies here can at least agree with me on that.

Silversun pickups and Mew are both/can be considered dreampop bands.

Back