Steve Harris Playing Style

amnesiac

Ever seen how Steve Harris of Iron Maiden plays his bass? He just plucks the strings so effortlessly and so so smoothly. It's like he is just touching the bass strings. Even for 'galloping' basslines like the trooper or more technical stuff like phantom of the opera, it all seems so effortless for him. i really really enjoy watching him play :p :prayer:

I wouldnt call it plucking the strings. Hes more like hitting them percussively. Unique sound! John Entwhistle and him do it differently.

i find harris's tone damn strong ..

when they play live .. his tone has a lot of presence .. its like .. can be heard well . .and it really adds to the kick man !!

and hell yea.. he makes everything look so damn easy ,

Steve Harris is so hot when he plays the bass. LOL. But seriously. There won't be an Iron Maiden without him. \m/

He's a perfectionist and believes in musicians who learn the instrument by himself rather than someone to teach him. Like that, he says, will bring out each person's unique talent and playing styles. He is a gd example himself. how da fuck he play the bass is so unique that it looks weird to most of us. :?

Back