Busking permit in Singapore

anga

Can anyone tell me where/how to apply for a Busking permit in Singapore ? Also, the application criteria and is there a boundary limitation in busking ?

Are you crrently playing any percussion instruments or Hand-Drums - and that you would like to be busking?

PS there is a Thread on this...please use the "SEARCH FUNCTION" provided here

Warmest Regards

Eric

Hi anga,

you can find out more at National Arts Council website below :)
https://www.nac.gov.sg/eve/eve09.asp

There's a PDF form for you to print and fill out and mail to them. They will then call you and confirm an audition date.

I went down in the morning and waited for my turn ( I was applying for guitar/singing )

Then they will ask you some questions and also ask you to play as well.

They will call you in a few days and tell you the results

I'm so happy I got my busking licence (I wanted to perform near the cat that I feed) but in the end I never had time to do it

Have fun!!!!

cheers

busking in Singapore

Thank you - the website at nac.gov.sg is indeed very useful and had given me lots of valuable info and feedback which I wanted to find out. I am not sure of what location to select foir busking, will have to study and visit some to decide later.

Pls tell me how long is the audition and the annual application fee ? Is this permit for one or more person in group (max) ?

Since we are in percussion instruments, it is best to busk along with a few more friends.....

Anga

Plainsman: - well bro I didn't know you play the guitar and can Sing.ggggggggg as well hahahaha ! Bravo Drummer.

Anga: - Contact handdrummer: - he has a group that play percussions (handdrums) and had quite a few performance experience - ask him to join you lah .. Kekekeke - nice chap he is.

hehee i just anyhow strum and sing... it was more for just fun than anything else la.... :mrgreen:

anga my audition was about 5-10 mins (i played about half of 2 songs) and i can't remember if i paid anythiing, shld be a nominal sum like 10-20 dollars.

i actually have not renewed my license !! (since i didn't even use it the whole year i got it in 2005 :oops:)

cheers

Busking in Singapore

This work well for me. I must get to National Art Council to apply and obtain my busking licence first.......Tks.

Busking in Singapore

=plainsman

Hv not tried it before. I am rather a Green Horn too into Busking. Well - maybe to do it in a group toegther with other interested performancers - to raise fund for a charity home. Best with some drummers and percussion players on various of their toys - claves, quiro, agogo bells, cowbells, wood block, chimta etc., It is more meaningful with lots of Fun as a percussion family.

Ting/Ting....Tong/Tong - Dun/Dun....Ta/Ta...... Could be a good team-up

reviving an old thread...

Anyone can enlighten me on how tough the audition is, and what type of questions will be asked during the interview? Also wonderring if -those people- that play music at MRT stations/underpass need to undergo the same procedure to get their licenses?

thanks.

reviving an old thread...

Anyone can enlighten me on how tough the audition is, and what type of questions will be asked during the interview? Also wonderring if -those people- that play music at MRT stations/underpass need to undergo the same procedure to get their licenses?

thanks.

I guess this advice may be a little late. The audition seems pretty alright, remember to focus on what they're assessing you on. If I'm not mistaken, all buskers have to get NAC's busking license before they can busk in public spaces (though some of them might be busking illegally).

https://www.nac.gov.sg/whatwedo/engagement/artsforall/busking.html

busking is a good source of income

There's a lot of uncertainty in busking income, plus buskers rely a lot on good weather conditions. It's a good source of part-time/potential income to fund a hobby, but not a good source of main income.

Back