[Cover] Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Jean-Marc Boulier

Hey,

Here's a cover song that took me a lot of time to make. Like many others, when I was young I was fascinated by this incredible song and its brilliant vocals. Later I was equally fascinated by the production and mixing work, considering the limitations of the analog gear at that time. Covering this song allowed me to learn a lot on production and mixing.

I had to play it 2 tones lower because I wasn't able to reach the high notes in the opera part, which made it a bit tricky for the bass and guitar parts. Two friends provided me with the bass and guitars, and I did the rest (vocals, piano, drums).

I am obviously no Freddy Mercury but I hope you will enjoy listening to this slightly different rendition and that I did this song some justice.

https://soundcloud.com/jean-marc-boulier/cover-queen-bohemian-rhapsody-feat-yann-phil-kort

No one will do it better than freddie.but to attempt this song requires massive balls of steel.
2 thumbs up! I enjoyed it..

This coming fr a crazed queen fan.

Amazing production! The recording/mixing is really good.

Are you using real drums?

Wow thanks cruxgod, coming from a Queen fan this means a lot to me.

Soft, I wish I could but I am using a vsti (EZDrummer) on this one. I am currently working on an original song with a real acoustic drum kit and it's 10x more enjoyable to mix!

No prbs.
Other tracks worth the trouble will be

Prophet song
fairyfeller master stroke

But in all..hope you can create your own unique voice ��

Back