Gibson 1958 Les Paul FLAME TOP! 2002 Limited Run Custom Shop Historic 58 R8

deadtone

This particular Les Paul is possibly the best sounding you'll find in this part of the world, and is a rare piece. In 2001 and 2002, Gibson Custom Shop released a series of flame maple top 58 reissues. The 58's from those two years are famous for their exceptionally woody tone. This one is made in 2002 and features a Cherry Sunburst, making it identical to a 59 LP in looks but features a comfortable fatter neck profile, which gives it more tone! It is also full solid body and not weight-relieved or chambered at all.

The sound of this guitar has to be heard to be believed. It's extraordinarily fatter and woodier than other Historic Reissues (I've owned a 57 LP before) but super clear, rivaling a Telecaster in its bite and clarity. It puts other Les Pauls I've owned and tried at guitar shops to shame. I highly recommend you compare it with your best Les Paul to know what I'm talking about :)

The condition is close to mint. Selling for $5600. STRICTLY NO TRADES. Call/SMS Nine-1472232.

It has been upgraded with:
- Tom Short PAF pickups, Marc Ford signature model. The best sounding PAFs you will ever hear. Tom said Marc's PAFs sound better than his regular PAFs. Tom is no longer in business due to health issues and I don't know if he's even still alive, making these pickups very collectible and fetch a high price on The Gear Page.
- KTS Titanium saddles.
- RS Guitarworks pots + caps.
- Oversized strap buttons, kind of like PRS type. For protection from slipping and potential damage while playing.
- Professionally set up by Malcolm Tan, Singapore's best guitar tech. It plays like a dream.

All original parts - pickups, saddles, strap buttons and pots + caps - are included, so the value of this guitar is still intact.

snl278.jpg

2d7ep9t.jpg

25tyzhx.jpg

2v1q4pi.jpg

hra102.jpg

j9oo5f.jpg

2s96ekh.jpg

4lk478.jpg

2h5qu0p.jpg

Last edited:
Back