Acoustic guitar

_fathom

May I ask how do singer songwriters know what stuff to play to accompany them while singing. It's like when they are singing they seems to have a certain picking pattern that accompanies them,may I ask how do I come up with my own? Or when a song is stripped down to acoustic version how do I come up with a picking pattern for the song? Thank you!!

we should know chord moves ideas such as comping, altered, melodics and alike. let the original accompaniment would be there own trademarks. dont be just follow what the original sounds, so learn more chords and hybrid picking. dont used pick pattern that you are predictable. learn from don mock, brad carlton, marc schonbrun and for picking, andy mckee, sungha jung, steve haberman.

May I ask how do singer songwriters know what stuff to play to accompany them while singing. It's like when they are singing they seems to have a certain picking pattern that accompanies them,may I ask how do I come up with my own? Or when a song is stripped down to acoustic version how do I come up with a picking pattern for the song? Thank you!!

Music theory lessons will really help u in the long run. You can try learning from youtubes or some guitar tutorial websites. unless u know where to search or process the info received, i am afrid u will remain very confuse unless u have someone to guide u.

My advice is to listen to many different songs out there n tune ur ears to the support musicians and singers.

U need to know a little music theory especially on chord formations. Cause by knowing the notes u can know what chord substitutions can be made.

For eg C Maj chord consist of C E and G notes and A minor chord consist of A C E notes. U notice 2 of the notes are the same and sometimes pple play interchangeably.

If u are really interested, take up Trinity music theory. At higher grades, they have modern music theory and it will answer a lot of ur questions.

Lastly, play play play more music. Play music from different composer and see their chords movement.

Back