Quiet Public Places To Practice Guitar And Sing??

thatkoreandude

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if you wonderful people knew any quiet public places where I can practice my guitar playing and singing? I'm currently a broke international student studying in Singapore so I can't go to studios to play... :( Furthermore, due to my noise-sensitive roommate, I am not able to play my guitar nor can I sing in my flat... So if you know places I can jam to my heart's content, please respond by replying to this thread! Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,
Luke.

Multi-storey carparks perhaps? Slightly further away from someone's windows? Just got to find a way around the seating problem...

prs%2Bblackstar%2Bmaxon.jpg

I've been to places outdoors not because I need the isolation but for inspiration. The trip to the beach is highly recommended to induce creativity but it's the worst thing you could do for your gear- it induces corrosion. I'm the plug-in type so I always have a desktop amp & a drive pedal with me when I'm out (as depicted above). Nevertheless, here are some venues I'd like to share:

1. Republic Poly- rear vicinity
One of the best isolated places ever but not as windy. Plenty of seats around, my favourite would be at the amphiteater. You might be competing with some Indian percussion groups practising there but I tend to get inspired by such drum-laden passages.

2. Clementi woods
As per (1) but more joggers towards the evening.

3. West Coast
A pseudo beach atmosphere but I'm annoyed by occasional 'explosions' coming from the shipyard. Also, there might be that fuel-induced odour at times.

4. Woodlands Waterfront
Facing JB, was here once only with my acoustic guitar.

Back