WTS Taylor 614CE with flamed maple back/sides

mark1760

Hi,

I would like to sell this piece of Taylor 614ce. It is built in 2011 and purchased from Sinamex in 2013. The back/sides are very high grade flame maple. Do also note that this piece comes with a maple neck instead of mahogany. So it looks really special.This piece is fitted with original Taylor full expression system and it comes with Taylor hard case.

This guitars has a couple of minor dings which are not really obvious to me unless it is under direct lighting. I would rate the condition of this guitar to be 8/10.

This guitar has been set up by Malcolm Tan. The original tusq saddle was upgraded to bone saddle that was done up by Malcolm too. It is currently stringed up with Elixir nano web light gage strings.

The common perception of maple back guitar is that it gives a very bright tone. However it does not seemed true on this guitar. Maple back gives very focused and strong fundamental notes. According to Taylor master luthier Andy Powers, maple back guitar can be voiced to be warm tone. It does seemed to me that this piece is voiced more towards warm than bright with strong fundamental notes, including the bass notes.

I would like to sell this at $2,500. Feel free to drop me a sms/whatsapp at 9687 4373 for any other enquiries that you may have or a no-obligation testing of the guitar. I am not interested in trades. Thanks

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

Back