Advice on fried circuit board in EHX Glove

Theo

Hello Friends!

So I've bought this EHX Glove Pedal sometime ago. I've never used power supplies, only batteries. The circuit board appears fried, and I've only used it a couple of times. I can't even turn it on now.

I'm unsure about sending it back to EHX for warranty because of shipping and all...does anyone know where I can get this repaired? The store told me it'll cost $40-60 to repair and I might as well get a new pedal. Any alternative solutions? Any help is much, much appreciated!! =)

Cheers~

2lt2d4z.jpg

2lw6krc.jpg

If you really want to fix it yourself, the first thing I'll look at are the electrolytic capacitors (those huge things near the power supply as those are usually the first to fail (assuming its really an issue with the circuit board). Next would be the reverse polarity protection diodes but those are surface mounted so you may have a hard time removing them. You can use a digital multimeter to test them.

How is it possible you never used a pedal power on it before when I see a possibly blown diode next to your left middle largest capacitor? Even can see the dirt/dust the chips.

Did someone used it without your permission?

Latest posts

Back