Cause for concern?

TonyF

Hi all,

Bought a brand new acoustic guitar online from a local merchant and found this gap between the fretboard and the body of the guitar.

2015-03-05 14.53.48.jpg

Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I send it back and ask for a replacement?

Cheers,
Tony

Hi all,

Bought a brand new acoustic guitar online from a local merchant and found this gap between the fretboard and the body of the guitar.

View attachment 2447

Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I send it back and ask for a replacement?

Cheers,
Tony

I would get a replacement. That gap may get bigger down the road and the action seems too high for comfort. (unless you play slide:p)

Send it back and ask them to do a set up for you. If after the set up and they still cant get the action down, send it back.

Send it back and ask them to do a set up for you. If after the set up and they still cant get the action down, send it back.

Great idea fade2b14ck, but I've gone ahead and asked them to replace it. If they insist there's nothing wrong with it I'll put forward what you have suggested! Thanks :)

Back