SOLD WTS MINT Zildjian K series cymbals box set w/18" dark thin crash (K0800) @ S$930!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronP

WTS MINT Zildjian K series cymbals box set w/18" dark thin crash (K0800) @ S$930!!!

Brand new set of Zildjian K series cymbals @ S$930!!

Prices if you want to buy individually:
Hihats- $480
Ride - $400
18" crash - $335
16" crash - $295
(All in SGD, for bundles, comment on thread or email me A4ron.2451@Gmail.com) carousell_1425017234806_0.jpgcarousell_1425017234806_1.jpg

Zildjian cymbals continue to inspire drummers today with their deep, warm, and expressive sounds first developed by Kerope Zildjian in 19th Century Turkey. The K Series of cymbals honors this legacy through the use of elaborate hammering and lathing techniques, trying to once again capture that iconic sound, cymbals made with this Zildjian alloy are versatile cymbals that are dark yet well suited for a wide variety of musical genres from jazz to rock.

Includes:

14" K Hi Hats - Deep and solid "chick" sound. Low-pitched. Fast Response.
16" K Dark Thin Crash - Dark, warm, low-pitched crash. Fast decay. Complex, full-bodied. Very musical.
20" K Ride Cymbal - Clear, full-stick definition. Low overtones.
18" K Dark Thin Crash Cymbal - Dark, full sounding low-pitched crash. Fast decay. Rich and full of harmonic depth. Very musical

See what other reviewers say about the Cymbals:

"At the time I am writing this review this value-priced set is still available, but no longer in production. That said, it is a true bargain that will literally save you hundreds of dollars over the individual costs of the cymbals this set contains. And the cymbals are versatile and top of the line.

Before jumping into what this set contains I want to put to rest the erroneous notion that Zildjian's K-series is for jazz drummers. Not true. The cymbals in this set are versatile enough for just about any music style, and are especially well suited for classic and Southern rock, electric or acoustic blues, and alternative rock. And even heavier music if you use mics. This set will also work with jazz, but there are better cymbals in Zildjian's line for the lighter forms of that genre.

Here is what the set contains:

Zildjian K 20-Inch Ride Cymbal. What I love about this ride is if you were blindfolded it could pass for one of the old A-series rides from the early 1960s. It's relatively thin and light (compared to many modern Zildjian rides), and has a nice, controllable wash. The bell is respectable. Not overly large, but very cutting and a much higher pitch than the rest of the cymbal. Another reason I claim that this cymbal is versatile is it can be played whisper quiet to pretty loud. True, it will get drowned out by a double stack cranked to 11, but for most playing situations this is a good choice.

Zildjian K 14-Inch Hi-Hat Cymbals Pair. Note: The product description at the time of this review claims '14-Inch K Dark hihats'. Not true. The best way to sum up these hats is: they are lighter and more nuanced than Zildjian's New Beats, which seems to be their flagship hi-hats. They are heavier and louder than the K Custom Dark hats, so can work with a wider range of venues and musical situations. Frankly, most drummers - especially classic/Southern rock and blues players - will find these to be ideal.

Zildjian K 18-Inch Dark Crash Cymbal Thin. As strictly a crash cymbal this one has an explosive attack and a little too much sustain. For punctuating and accenting you can get around the sustain by lightly choking it with your fingers after crashing it. If you are ending a song on a cymbal swell or crash the sustain and longer decay are ideal. I typically do not use crash cymbals - I prefer to use cymbals that I can both crash and ride. This is one of those for certain types of music. While it's lower pitched and dark as a crash, the pitch goes to medium high if you ride it. This is thin enough to get out of control with wash if you are doing fast 8th note ostinatos close to the edge. However, once you get a feel for how this cymbal plays it's a dream in situations that require a jazzier sound. In fact, for jazz and other lighter music this makes a great left or far right side ride.

Zildjian K 16-Inch Dark Crash Cymbal Thin. this opens fast on attack and quickly decays. That makes it perfect for marking the next phrase or ending a fill to mark the first beat of the next bar without lingering sustain. Because this has a lower fundamental (although it is actually higher pitched than the name implies) it will work well for recording. It also will work beautifully as a sonic color if you use a few crash cymbals. It's certainly the polar opposite of its bigger sibling - Zildjian K 18-Inch Dark Crash Cymbal Thin - so pairing the two will give you a wide range of sounds in your sound palette.

Check out the individual product links in this review, then note and add up the individual prices. It's clear that this is almost a give away at the nine hundred price tag(USD) at the time of this review. More importantly, this is an investment in a high quality set of cymbals that will last a large part of your career - and if properly cared for a lifetime."

Re: WTS MINT Zildjian K series cymbals box set w/18" dark thin crash (K0800) @ S$930!

U bought this during yamaha sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back