Soundproofing companies

bugmanus

Hi there,

Just a little background of me,
I am a drummer, I just moved to Hougang 2 months back and my neighbour has been complaining about footsteps noise that are coming from my unit (not saying that we stamp while we walking). Having say that, I have not been playing drums since the footstep sound has cause her to complain, what more about drumming.

Do anyone of you have recommendations to soundproofing the room so that I can play drums in peace.
(PS. please do not recommend me NYTC)
will do up a review of that company soon.

kickdrums are usually the main killer because low frequencies just rumble everything.

do read my past advice about "social sound proofing" i've mentioned that numerous times , you can search the forum via the top right corner.
http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?189768-Soundproofing-help&p=1115857#post1115857

i am guessing electronic drum kits are not in your list of options? because soundproofing can be experimental and still fail to achieve the purpose.

i bugmanus,

I'm a professional in the local recording scene and have been designing and building studios for the past 20 years. I've done drum rooms in hdb/private condos for a few clients. If you are serious about playing acoustic drums in a HDB room then be prepared to spend $20K-35K minimum. Also be prepared to lose space in your bedroom. Just imagine taking in the room 6" minimum all around (4 walls, floor and ceiling). If you are willling to do all this, then i say go ahead. You will be able to play your drums in "relative" peace in a really small room. Any other company telling you they can "soundproof" your room by just putting a vinyl barrier and gypsum board on your wall, really dont know what they are talking about. My advice to you , save the $ and you neighbours alot of inconvenience and instead of spending $15k + on sound isolation that you cant carry with you when you sell your HDB flat, just take the money and buy the best Electronic drum kit with best acoustic pad feel on the planet.

Rgds

Back