SOLD Wts: Super rare 1980 aria sb-r80 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundog28

This is the rarest model in the legendary SB range from the 80's from the Matsumoku Factory in Japan.
Played by the likes of Jack Bruce, Cliff Burton and John Taylor - this is the twin pick up all passive version. Although this was the 2nd in the range behind the SB-1000 (which I am also lucky enough to own seen alongside in one of the pics) this is far rarer and very sought after by those in the know.
This bass is long and heavy which is a big factor in the piano like tone and sustain, finished in a deep transparent "red" that shows through the wood grain beautifully (looks far more red colored than my crappy pics which make it look brown), bird eye fret inlays on the 5 ply neck through body construction, humbuckers have toggle switches to split to single coils. This is a tone machine.
A few minor marks of wear, all cosmetic and add to the charm, after all this bass is 35 years old! In stunning condition for the age.
Recently serviced/set up, new strings on and strap in a padded gig bag.

SGD$ 2,000 no offers and no trades. This was imported from Japan and there are very few left around anywhere!
SMS or Whatsapp Scott at 91505012.

Attachments

• SBR80.jpg
    SBR80.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 246
  • SB's.jpg
    SB's.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I have a Mike Lull M4V for sale also - I will sell both the Mike Lull and the Aria together for SGD 3,000 - this deal is on the table for a couple of days only so please sms if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back