Vocalist available

jlwcal

Hello everyone, I am Justin, 21, serving NS currently.

I sing and harmonize, play the guitar and a little keyboard. I do understand some music theory but they are all mainly self taught, I can play a little fingerstyle, some weird chords, all sorts of things, but I am mainly a singer.

Genres that I listen to are Jazz, Soul, Blues, Rock, Indie, Alternative but I do listen to everything else here and there Kpop, house, whatever that I find interesting. Influences are mainly Death cab for cutie Amy Winehouse, The Bealtes, Don Moen, Israel Houghton, CN Blue, Gabe Bondoc, Justin Timberlake, Tommy Emmanuel, Jamie Cullum. Yes I do have experience in live situations as I regularly play guitar for my church bands and as a worship leader.

I am looking for (preferably) a strong female vocals and harmoniser who can also play keyboard to do covers/jamming/YTvideo/future gigs if possible. Something like Civil War-ishy. But then again if I find an interesting band that plays Queen, or some crazy rock alternativeishy band like DCFC thennnnn HHMM WHY NOT :) I really would want to head towards that electric driven direction but I'd like to start small and see if this is what I can do with an acoustic set-up, but I realllyyyy do hope to find like-minded individuals who'd enjoy singing, I've been trying to find friends who do all of that but some don't want to start a band and some just are a tied down with too much commitments already!

I've been trying to find someone to do covers, and eventually venture into our own writings, for the longest time but I've been constantly held back by commitments here and there which are pretty insane for me. I really like to put my spin on things and I'd like if people do actually do their own take on certain songs, so I really hope to find people who can change arrangements in any way best suited.

With my current (crazyass) NS schedule, I will probably able to commit to about 2 times a month for practice or jamming sessions but I promise that I will do my homework and practice when I have free time, So yeah probably not a big band with lots of gigs because I will probably be a letdown (ALTHOUGH ID LOVE IT) So just hit me up with your messages, I'll hope to find people I can collab with in December and maybe start something from 2015 onwards!

Give me a PM, find me on twitter @justinlimwc whatever ways possible and I do hope to hear anything from anyone :)

LOVE
Justin

Last edited:
Back