JOYO Ultimate Drive

damienR

Hey guys! anyone here using JOYO Ultimate Drive? I heard it is damn good for a bass guitar. Pls share your thoughts... Have you tried it with a Bass Big Muff?

Hey guys! anyone here using JOYO Ultimate Drive? I heard it is damn good for a bass guitar. Pls share your thoughts... Have you tried it with a Bass Big Muff?

Hey DamienR, I personally own a Joyo Ultimate Drive. Bought it from a Carouseller few months back and have been using it ever since. I am sort of a newbie bassist and was just trying to find a cheap distortion pedal to start off with.

IMHO, I think this pedal is pretty good for its money(rtp) , though I'm a guy that prefers light to average distortion, and I'd say this pedal is one that gives somewhere between overdrive and normal distortion. Therefore, I prefer to turn the gain pretty low at because I find there's just too much distortion when I turn it higher than 11 o clock. Then again, I'm a newbie with pretty newbie gear, a Craftsman FPJ20 with a Cort amp runs the tunes in my room.

Tbh, it's the third pedal I've ever tried and the only distortion pedal I've ever used. Never tried with big muff pi so...i guess the best way for you is to go to swee lee or Davis and try some Boss pedals or other brands to hear for yourself :) I think TY music sells this pedal(not sure) There's also a video on YouTube of a bass using the ultimate drive :D Just a tip, buy it if you really like what you hear :) I only bought this pedal because of the crazy cheap price tag the guy sold it to me for, $30,student discount included HAHA and also some outstanding reviews online. Do some research on those you're considering too. Sites like ultimate guitar and musicians friend are pretty good

Cheers man, hope this helps (a little XD)

Last edited:
Back