wetsanding paper.

dannywfs

Hi all looking for 400grit and 2-3k grit wetsandpaper.

Anyone know where to get em...
my area maximum is 320grit. :(

There is no wetsandpaper cause it's just using sandpaper that is wet.

I get my sandpaper from Art Friend at Bras Basah.

Meanwhile here's something from http://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Online_Resources/Finishing/Wet-sand_before_buffing.html on how/why you should wet sand.

I'm not an expert but that article is really helpful. And it's Stewmac.

"If you dry sand, you ruin your fine finishing paper in 10 seconds.
Even high quality finishing papers will build up quickly when used dry. Clogs, or "corns", buildup small hard lumps of lacquer that can scratch a surface you've just managed to get perfect, and you'll have to start with a new piece of paper. Wet-sanding lubricates the surface, washing out any grit-clogging particles and reduces the heat of sanding.

Better scratches. Huh?
Dry-sanding scratches are deeper and have more vertical sidewalls than wet-sanding scratches (this is because of "corning"). Wet-sanding scratches may be as deep but they're not as obvious because the edges of the scratch are more rounded. Therefore, wet-sanded surfaces are easier to buff, and the final appearance will not show the super-fine scratches.

Do you have any idea of getting those 2000 or 3000 wet sandpaper? Or 0000 steelwool. My neighborhood hardware shop doesnt have em.

Im doing a matte black on my guitar so i just need to get the paint levelled and then do some slight touches on the finisb to remove and visible scratches on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the higher grits at Art Friend probably the highest one i got was 1200 i think? Try finding other hardware stores around. I got a 0000 steel wool from Home Fix. It's not cheap though cause it comes in huge bunches and they don't sell it in any smaller sizes.

I did a matte finish on my guitar with it and there are fine scratches that I didn't bother to remove.

Back