Fret buzz when doing upstroke picking on low E open-string

RayKnight

What could possibly happen? It was alright and perfectly okay, I didn't do any changes to it. It is a Fernande FR55s model with a Floyd Rose patented tremolo. It was fine but recently when I was playing upstroke picking on my low E string, open string...there's a buzz.

A buzz took place on my high e, 4th fret (G#) but it was fixed by a luthier and all was fine until the recent low E. Anyone encountered this and what can I do? Tried to restring and all but the buzz is still there.

So there's nothing buzzing with downstrokes?

You can raise the action slightly

You are right, there is no buzzing downstrokes.

Raise the action would require me to play around with the neck and springs? I better send this to a luthier then, it's been awhile since I last saw Mike.

I think the issuse COULD be that when doing an upstroke, people might tend to "pluck" the string instead of strumming it because of the angle of the motion (especially if your pick is perpendicular to the strings). This would cause the string to not vibrate up and down but instead, in and out. Hope you understand what im trying to say haha.

Like zesn said, raising the action will help. Or if technique is really the problem, maybe working on that.

I may be wrong though lol

Raise the action would require me to play around with the neck and springs? I better send this to a luthier then, it's been awhile since I last saw Mike.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, a 3 mm allenkey will allows you to raise or lower the whole bridge. ACW to raise, CW to lower. There's 2 pillar embedded on the guitar body where the FR bridge is contacted by it 2 pivot point.
Remember how much you turn.

I would agree with nicholasim's explanation since I started out with a similar problem.

If it's anything else it could be action, and more seriously, uneven frets. But i doubt it, it's probably a technique issue.

I'm assuming action or fret. I've played the guitar for 5 years, it couldn't be that my upstroke technique all of a sudden gone bad.

Back