ATC SCM25A Pro

Joel_CDA

CDA Pro-Audio is pleased to introduce the ATC SCM25A Pro

SCM25A-Three-Quarter-View-Large.jpg

Ed Cherney reviews the SCM25A

“I am always looking for speakers because they’re my eyes in the studio, my window to the world,” said Cherney. “I get a lot of inquiries from younger engineers, asking me if I can recommend a good pair of monitors for five-hundred bucks. I can’t. And it’s crazy that they’ll spend thousands on microphones and outboard gear without first giving themselves the one tool they need to actually hear what they’re doing. It’s like an artist buying expensive paints and then turning out the lights. That said I’ve had a hard time finding the ideal speaker at any price. I guess I’m something of a collector now.”

“I’ve been dissatisfied with 2-way speakers in the past. The challenge is always to get the right vocal tone and volume, and it often depends on which side of the crossover the vocal is sitting. Sometimes the same singer can be below the crossover in the verse and above it in the chorus. In the past, I always took my mixes around to different systems – different speakers, my house, my car – to make sure the vocals were sitting in the mix correctly. Now that I have the ATC SCM25As, I rarely have to do that anymore. The vocals sit nicely in the midrange driver, and I’m always within a half dB. Every song. For the first time, I really trust the quality of the mixes in the studio. I don’t have to take them out and check them. I nail it and they translate to the rest of the world. That’s a huge improvement.”

- Ed Cherney
Producer, Engineer ( Iggy Pop, Bob Seger, Bette Midler, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton Jann Arden, Jackson Browne, Keb’ Mo, Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones, to name a few )

Overview

25mm neodymium soft dome tweeter.
ATC hand built 3˝/75mm soft dome mid driver.
ATC hand built 7˝/175mm carbon-paper cone bass driver.
On-board grounded source 235W class A/B 3-way amplifier.
Compact size with high output and low cut-off frequency.
19˝ rack mountable.
6 year warranty.

Specifications

Drivers: HF 25mm soft dome, Mid 75mm soft dome, LF 164mm short-coil carbon paper cone
Amplitude Linearity (±2dB): 74Hz-17kHz
Cut-off Frequencies (-6dB, free-standing): 47Hz-22kHz
Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
Max. Continuous SPL (1 metre): 109dB
Audio Input: Rear panel mounted female xlr (pin 2 +)
Input Sensitivity: 1V rms (ref. full output)
Input Sensitivity Trim: 0dB to -6dB/1V – 2V (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
Input Impedance: Balanced > 10kΩ
Amplifier Output Power: Bass 150W rms, Mid 60W rms, High 25W rms
Crossover Frequencies: 380Hz & 3.5Khz
Crossover Filters: 4th order critically damped with phase compensations
Low Frequency Boost: 0dB to +3dB at 40Hz (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction
Dimensions (HxWxD): 264 x 430 x 369mm (10.4˝ x 16.9˝ x 14.5˝). Handles add an 39mm/1.5″ to depth.
Weight: 30kg / 66lbs (per cabinet)

Please feel free to contact us at CDA Pro-Audio should you have any questions.

Cheers

Joel C
Sales & Business Development
CDA Pro-Audio
www.cda-proaudio.com
Australia - New Zealand - Singapore - Thailand - Vietnam - China

(65) 9756 4007

Showroom:
Sim Lim Tower, #02-30
10 Jalan Besar,
Singapore

ATC Loudspeakers - CEDAR Audio - Lundahl Transformers - Maselec - Penny & Giles - Prism Sound

Back