Buying from Ishibashi

Sayyiu

Hello fellow softies does anyone has experience buying stuff from ishibashi? Im new to buying gears overseas anyone can guide me through the process? And any recommendations for a fender tele that cost between 500-600 looking to buy my first electric :))) thanks for the help

Last edited:
unless it's something you really want it's alot more economical to buy locally. 600 with shipping and tax can almost hit 800-900.

or you can always go to japan and buy it there personally, i do that every year and nothing beats gear hunting in ochanomizu

Ahhhh i see thanks for the info, do you by any chance know where i can buy cheap fender teles ?

unless it's something you really want it's alot more economical to buy locally. 600 with shipping and tax can almost hit 800-900.

or you can always go to japan and buy it there personally, i do that every year and nothing beats gear hunting in ochanomizu

Hi! Sorry for going slightly off topic, but since you seem experienced I'd like to ask too. I have the chance to go to Japan at the end of this year and wondered if there's anything i should note about buying a guitar overseas and bringing it back, like how does SIA handle instruments since I doubt it'd be a smart idea to hand the luggage staff a gig bag, is there any special tax to note or anything. Thank you :)

To the OP, if you're looking at fenders you're generally already into mid range territory, what is your definition of cheap to you?

Thanks will go and check it out

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! Sorry for going slightly off topic, but since you seem experienced I'd like to ask too. I have the chance to go to Japan at the end of this year and wondered if there's anything i should note about buying a guitar overseas and bringing it back, like how does SIA handle instruments since I doubt it'd be a smart idea to hand the luggage staff a gig bag, is there any special tax to note or anything. Thank you :)

To the OP, if you're looking at fenders you're generally already into mid range territory, what is your definition of cheap to you?

Cheap would be 500?

Thanks will go and check it out

- - - Updated - - -

Cheap would be 500?

Hmm.... locally for the new market you're going to be looking at about 700 ish for a Mexican strat new and about 900 for a Japanese strat, right now the sale at Davis has some Japanese strats at about 720 for the STD series, they're typically about 900 or so so it's somewhat reasonable if you're really fixed on getting a fender.
Here's a pic off their facebook page of the sale! I'm not very sure if it's still on however.
https://www.facebook.com/1000848772...98/10152520180832299/?type=1&relevant_count=1

I'd advise you also to take a look at the used market such as in the Buy/Sell market on this forum, I'll be honest and say a lot of the time people here price their items far too high for used but occasionally you'll see a good deal like the 200 dollar Road Worn that popped up the other day, I saw it less than 5 minutes after it was posted and it took all i had to resist it @_@ I regret that a little now.

You might want to factor in the cost of getting an amp or perhaps get something like a small one to tide yourself along and splurge on your guitar for now. Get one you like so you'll be motivated to pick it up a lot and happy hunting :)

hello, if you're taking SIA and carrying a gigbag you should be fine, just hand carry it in the flight attendants will take care of it for you, if you're carrying a hardcase just wrap your guitar with shitload of tshirts and hope for the best lol. never had a bad experience yet though, just remember to bring your passport when shopping in japan, and do understand that not all shops can help you escape tax (especially the used guitars)

hello, if you're taking SIA and carrying a gigbag you should be fine, just hand carry it in the flight attendants will take care of it for you, if you're carrying a hardcase just wrap your guitar with shitload of tshirts and hope for the best lol. never had a bad experience yet though, just remember to bring your passport when shopping in japan, and do understand that not all shops can help you escape tax (especially the used guitars)

Understood! Thanks for the info :D I didn't think of bringing along my passport to escape tax haha

lol. if you dont have at least 3k sgd i dont recommend you go into a shop called big boss. they are super hard sell and will tail you forever....

Back