Made in Japan Short Scale Fender Stratocaster for sale - MINT and CHEAP

voodoochile

Hi all,

This is a NON export stock model made in Japan for Japan. Meaning it is not produced to the hundreds of thousands like your typical American standard strat where quality control becomes suspect. You will not find these nor can you order them from your sweetwater / musicians friend / swee lee /......etc Anderson guitars have a short T ( short scale telecaster ) model. This is like the strat equivalent for a short scale version.

This is a repost. The price has been reduced to $1200. As always hit with reasonable offers but no low ballers. Secondly I like to stress that this is a short scale Stratocaster (24.75"). NOT the smart size Stratocaster some buyer was asking about only after quite a few text exchanges. Go look it up in the Fender Japan website. Smart size guitars are like for toddlers. 15% shorter and smaller body with an approx 22.4" scale length. Seriously a candidate for a HELLO KITTY or TELLY TUBBIES guitar sold at Toys R' US. Forget the rubber band tensioned strings. Even a 14 year old teenager would look ridiculous with one strapped on in public.

I have on hand a MINT Fender Japan short scale Stratocaster in vintage white (rosewood board). Yes, its an official rare short scale Stratocaster 24.75" scale instead of the usual 25.5". For everyone's easy reference - Typical strats are 25.5" scale, PRS guitars are 25". Les pauls are 24.62".

What this means is easier chording, string bending and a rounder warmer sound as how Les Paul would compare with a Stratocaster. Obviously a Les paul would still sound fatter and sustain more due to wood type, mass and the humbuckers so lets not be too anal about it.

A Strat is 25.5", a Les Paul 24.62", a standard PRS 25". So anyone who has played electric guitars should know the playing feel and difference.

Having single coils on a short scale guitar seems to have the best combination of warmness and note clarity much like Paul Gilbert's Ibanez fireman guitar. Forget talent. Anyone who has played an electric guitar long enough will realise that with average to below average sized hands and finger length, its near impossible to come close to the playing speed and reach of any notable guitarists no matter if its - paul gilbert, malmsteen, vai, satriani, petrucci, johnson, bonamassa and even SRV and Hendrix. Simple arithmetic. Even if you play as fast and as hard as them, for every millimetre that their giant hands and fingers move to say do a pentatonic scale run, a smaller pair of hands with shorter fingers will have to stretch and move perhaps to cover double the distance. In this case a short scale guitar will help. Obviously no need to do a dramatic downsize of scale length like Mars Volta's Omar Rodriguez who is playing an Ibanez guitar of 24" scale and less...

To cut the long story short, I am selling this on behalf of a friend who cannot get used to the short scale because of his orge (SHREK) like hands and super fat fingers. However I am sure there will be lots who will find this strat a joy to play. And it does play like butter.

The street value and you can check on Ebay is a cool US$1029 (S$1337). I am selling it for S$1200. The sweetener or rather deal maker is the fact that there is a set of bare knuckle hand and scatterwound mothers milk pickups installed in this strat. This is easily another $280 value added to it (original pickups included). Japanese strats are known for their impeccable built and quality control but not their stock pickups.

In case you are wondering about playability, the frets are classic jumbo and radius is 12" so feel free to bend and shred to your heart's content. The rest of the specs are as per vintage styling. Without touching, playing and feeling the guitar, its next to impossible to tell that its a short scale Stratocaster.

No loans, No gig auditions or trials. Everything is MINT and good to go. The guitar is surprisingly dead silent with excellent shielding. In fact if you see any thing you don't like (damage / scars / cracks / rust...etc on the guitar) then just reject it on the spot. I stand by anything that I sell.

Interested parties please call.

Negotiable but no low ballers.

Voodoochile
9889 3359

Back