Questions about DTX 700k

Vichobby

Hi Anyone have any recommendation which kit is most near an acoustic drum.
Or any voices suited the pads? I couldn't find any combination for use.
Also any solution to balance the demo volume and the pads. The pads are so soft compared.
When accidentally switch from kit to demo songs the loudness kills.
Also the hi-hats is so soft at maximum that more rubber hits than sound is audible.

The default DTX700 default Kit is as close as it gets to acoustic drum kit but certainly it does not equal to a real acoustic drum especially the cymbals. This is limitation of todays technology for Edrum because they still cannot get close to a real cymbals. But DTX700 is really good for a electronic drum compare to any others in this price range. I presume you have a Drum Monitor such as the MS50. DTX700 has real HiHat stand, so you can also sub it with a real hiHat as suggested by a friend. Edrum Hihat is really difficult to do half open as compare to a real cymbal.
the HiHat should have the same sensitivty as the crash or Ride or else maybe your HiHat is faulty or not mounted properly on the Hihat stand (bottom must sit on the plastic standoff, not the soft pad).
Or add a cheap 60watts to 100watts keyboard amp to the audio out of the drum trigger then can adjust the frequency band? Can make your cymbals more outstanding than the MS50 could do.

Hi SIngHifi. Thanks. I am grateful you replied. I do not have a monitor. The set is connected to my BMB karaoke amplifier with a Yamaha power amp and BMB speakers. Sound reproduction is not a problem. But I just could not get myself to accept the toms voices. Prior to the DTX 700K, I used the Alesis DM6. I also the table model PYLE PTE D01. They sound good. I dont know why. I am trying to find from the net voices to import for the pads. I like the voices of the PTE D01 table set. I wonder can I copy them into a thumbdrive if I connect it to a computer.
Sorry one more question. I cannot import a voice for the hihat because the hihat becomes no open and close capability.

BMB Karoake Speaker will not make it it is designed for voice and reverb. I had tried several including 5:1 computer Setup, 5" studio Montor such as KRK Rokit, Alesis DM5 studio montor etc none of them sound good. Even headphone as much as a SGD$ 300 audiophone headphone dont make it . The default DTx700 soundkit does sound OK you just need a proper drum monitor. Or get a SMARVO KS100 Keyboard Amp with Horn Tweeter is actually a very good drum monitor the cymbals and snarl and tom is better than MS50 but kickdrum lack the spatial Punch of the MS50. Or just buy both SMARVO keyboard amp is certainly quite cheap, you need a keyboard amp with Horn tweeter to get that metalic sound of cymbals, MS50 cannot produce it no matter how high you turn up the volume of the hithat or crash/ride. The cymbals in my opinion need a horn tweeter. The kickdrum of the SMARVO is actually quite powerful but lack the spatial boom of MS50 subwooder.
Note is shattering sound for a edrum, assuming you neighbor dont bang on your door.

Hi Singhifi,
I dont have any space more for a speaker amp. But if I buy a small one, say 50 watts, ti defeats the purpose, probably having no improvement. Anyway, the problem is getting good tom voicWs. Hope there is an alternative. I have a Yamaha 75WRMS per channel power amp without pre. wonder if it is suitable.

Back