Enquiry: Postage service for instruments from overseas

weekeong.tan

Hi does anyone has experiences on purchasing bass and guitars from overseas and ship through Vpost? Is Vpost reliable in handling guitars without hardcase?

Last edited:
Vpost is reliable in the sense that the guitar will be able to get to you safe and won't get lost in transit. I would recommend that u ask the seller directly to get a quote from dhl or fedex or any of their local delivery couriers to ship the guitar to singapore and track it with a tracking number and insured to expedite processes. After all, vpost is a third party and u could do with lesser variables during shipping. That being said, u need to pack it sufficiently to ensure that the guitar stays safe during transit. Not necessarily needs to be in a hardcase. But needs to be packed well. Make sure to talk to the seller and make sure he knows what he is doing. When both of you are confident, then u can ask him to ship.

I'm just going to say I had the same question when it was first available but the mixed reactions which I heard about like lots of terrible feedback about Vpost made me just rather not take the risk. pls do get more information

i just bought patch cables to try out comgateway service, total chargeagble weight is 0.5kg, cost around 20 SGD to ship to here, total shipping time is around 2 weeks, decided on comgateway after a recommendation from a fellow softies

Back