Pre-loved Gibson & Epiphones.... :'(

K2desoog

Saw these pre-loved guitars displayed at the store front glass panel over at Cash Convertors TP (CC are %$^#@# pirates I tell ya). The uppermost geet is a Gibson going for about SGD $2400/- & the rest are Epis going for between SGD $800 to $900. Dont they know these are fragile instruments and leaving them out in direct equatorial afternoon sunlight is a damn stupid thing to do? Makes me really annoyed.

I hope they warp & CC loses money on this investment. About time they're taught a lesson.

Things must've been really bad for the previous owners to have to let them go to Cash Convertors. Hope things work out for them.

Last edited:
the top most is a Gibson? with 3 PUs, it looks like an Ace Frehley "Budokan" LP but...

weird headstock logo and fretboard inlays......

its the Ace Frehley model i believe. Cant get a closer look at the guitar but the headstock & logo looks to be genuine. Go take a look if you happen to pass by their Toa Payoh store.

Well whaddaya know.... Went by the store again today.

The Ace Frehley Gibbie is still there and theyve reduced it to $988 (from $2490)!
Something doesnt seem right with this 'Gibbie'

I saw the Gibson Ace Frehley, it's definitely a fake. Look at the bridge post, it is the wrong size and has slots on the posts. it's a China made fake, the headstock and logo is way off and the body shape is way off too. Oh one more thing, the knobs position is off as well. I saw many of these China made fake Chibson guitars at Cash Convertors. Some are being sold over here on Soft too. Buyers beware...

The CC staff aren't stupid. They do know the value of real and fake Gibsons to be honest. Even the cheaper brands are already marked up and overpriced. Imagine a real Gibson, which I have seen before. A Les Paul Junior going for 3.3k at Toa Payoh CC

I can't really say the staff of CC actually know the value of some of the gutiars. If they did, those guitars would'be so overprice and they wouldn't be selling so many fake Gibson guitars at those crazy prices. Firstly, it's illegal to sell pirated products and that Chibson Ace Frehley was originally sold for $2490 and now $988. Wow, what a bargain. Hahahaha. I wouldn't even pay a single cent for that illegal bootleg piece of fire wood...

Back