Gear Photos 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
10803005_1513523332232327_2045690296_n.jpg

Has anyone here managed to get a hold of a KTR yet?

nice flames...

KTR Klon? Have you guys checked out Rockett Archer? Sounds really close to Klon Centaur.

Another NAD, dammit I hope I'm not turning into RicFreak.

JI9n3xv.jpg

Good stuff! I had a KTR for a while... I really liked it and quite miss it but I can't justify 500bucks for what it does for me.

Hah, yes the price - hefty. But, hey if it works - it works right? Plus if it ends the need to spend on yet another dirt pedal. Then I say let's be done with it (I'm of course delirious and kidding myself, lol).

KTR Klon? Have you guys checked out Rockett Archer? Sounds really close to Klon Centaur.

Heh, plenty of Klones out there wouldn't you agree? Every single version seems to be the builder's own take and offering. Good for what they are offering, but these darn Klon owners will tell you they still hear a difference. I'm just itching to find out what on earth these guys are smoking. May be it'll cure my own itch ;)

Speaking of Klones, in my not-very-important opinion, these 2 options have really held my attention for a while now:

1) EHX Soul Food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4EtPO7q6U
This one's under USD100, go figure

2) Rawkworks Light OD V2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pp0pErasDk
This one's probably the most unique Klone I've come across, because OOO-SHINY-LIGHTS! And it sounds good.

Since we're on the subject! What's your favourite Klone?

I checked out the Rockett not too long ago too! It is very impressive man.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Just checked out the Jan Ray. It's quite a beast.

He's right! I've tried both. The Jan Ray really has this sweet saturation. They're both quite different beasts really. They would fulfill different needs and tonal spectrums for me. I'll leave the Klon as an "always on" for that mid bump. It does that very very well. Jan Ray when I want the saturation but not a crazy high gain tone.

I've tried a few Klones as well. They still sound different to me. Oh well. :D That's why I'm selling my Arc Effects one.

Got it for £149(SGD300) but I'm based in Uk. Everywhere seemed to be out of stock atm. I think it's selling faster than they can produce. I'm impressed with the built, very solid chunk of metal.

Anyway still no chance of plugging it in yet, bloody busy at work. May have some time tmrw I hope.

Got it for £149(SGD300) but I'm based in Uk. Everywhere seemed to be out of stock atm. I think it's selling faster than they can produce. I'm impressed with the built, very solid chunk of metal.

Anyway still no chance of plugging it in yet, bloody busy at work. May have some time tmrw I hope.

Awesome! Let us know how it is!

Haven't taken a chance on a high gain drive pedal in a LONG time.

This one's been quite tasty, for a start. Defined at 9 o'clock, 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock and dimed.

And, it's loud. It's really loud.

B3QxYNsCYAERSkY.jpg

Speaking of Klones, here's my mythical OD.

Needs no introduction on TPG. I shipped it directly from Ken in the US a few months back. At US$159 I believe it's one of the more affordable yet authentic sounding Klone out in the market.

Really sweet mid hump, makes everything sound fuller like a cranked up amp. I pretty much leave it on all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back