Soundproofing help

DC626

So i just got a drumset, and im just starting out. At times it can get really noisy when i play and i know next to sh*t about soundproofing. Any tips would be very helpful

I was thinking of soundproofing the room itself, because my brother also plays guitar inside. Although most of the noise is caused by the drums

Hi if you are a drummer soundproofing is a must cos everyone can hear the drums so so loud lol.
NYTC are good for soundproofing, i got them to do my place and the results are nice.
You can ask there advice they have a guy there called johnny that was easy to talk too.
Oh also you need foam or you will go deaf for sure!!!

for practice only, it's easier/much cheaper to soundproof your drumset than the room. I used to scotchtape alot of kotex pads (toilet paper) to the cymbals/shells. then buy one of those sticks that's like a bunch of satay sticks bunched up together.
for your kickdrum. stuff a really big cushion under neath if any possibility. "elevate" otherwise the floor will be boomy. then stuff pillows pressing against your batterskin, take off the resonant skin. so all that's left is the "attack" of the kick.

then be nice to your neighbours.let their kids play on your drumset etc.this is called "social sound proofing".

Latest posts

Back