Warwick fans!

originallyfira

hello!
i was wondering if there's any warwick fans here.
i'm not that experienced in bass.
but i love warwick basses ^^
friggin expensive thou...
;D let's all discuss about warwick aye?

love my wick too.
but i gotta sell it to fund an aircon.
then maybe at the end of the year when i get a fat bonus.
i can get my dream wick.
highpolish white streamer stage 1 5er.

p.s before anyone comes in and says neck warp or dive.
i dont have any problems with those ^^

woah cool. i havent got one...i just felt one before. D: i miss it a lot. hmm if i'm not wrong its a corvette five stringer or something. hehe. but its sexy thou. hahah. i cant afford one basically cause they cause a bomb. O_O''' if you guys wana sell it off please tell me aites? IF! you get a new wick and wana sell of the old one. D: i'm just curious, what do you guys look for in the tone of a bass? or maybe the different pickups or something, anything.

well...for me...if u play the bass n the sound gives u 'orgams'....then that bass is for u!...hahah...anyway i should say, Warwick, really has the Sound of Wood...its raw n not plastic like other common brands...but may not be as fat or warm...

i own a Corvette4 with EMG pre n pups....quite Hi-Fi....i also have Thumb5 BO...it really has a unique sound...but quite hard to get a right sound on certain amps...but when u get it...damn its a killer!...

check out the bassist from the band Mudvayne...jaw dropping! :)

i love the tone of messhugah and nightwish bassist got a nice selection of wicks. including the one i am gassing for the DARK LORD!!! \m/

Wicks

I used to own a Warwick Streamer LX 4er with PJ Configuration. Awesome tone, but I traded it away for a walnut Fender Jazz.

Never regretted the decision, though I do miss my Wick when I see her photos.

Warwicks are great lookers with exotic woods and sounds great, but takes a hell load of effort to upkeep and to prevent warping necks. For those that haven't faced those problems yet, try leaving your bass in an aircon room exposed overnight. You'll have a spiralling neck. Hardly happens to your maple necks and alder bodies.

Some people testify to it's growling properties, but I personally feel well-made Fender Jazzes can hit those tones too.

Basically, they're great investments if you are dilligent and a fan of the brand. Otherwise, if you're bound by budget and/or have no cravings for weird body shapes, MIA/MIJ Fenders are kick ass enough.

not a lot of effort took me 10 mins every week to wax the neck, and it also allows me to clean up a bit of dirt, dust and inspect it for dings or dents *grinz* and i always kept my wick in the case if i am not playing.

my wick endure a bit of abuse, from sitting in the cargo hold of a plane to at the back of sweltering heat of a bus engine.

i believe the waxing 10 mins every week helps :). i want to get a Fender for a fender tone, and a wick for the wicked growl tone. both are different animals.

i dont mind taking care of it alot since ilove it so muchh. and i am aware that it actually warps really easily.....hahaha but i seriously dont mind, cause of its growling properties. its sounds so damn good. and its a sexy bass to me. feels so sexy XD

Hi Warwick fans!

I have a StreamerLX5 broadneck and a Fortress Masterman 5. Both of which I love! Super slap tone and growl! The LX5 sounded even better after a Bart preamp swapout. Never had any problems with warp necks ever. Perhaps I am lucky as I don't keep them in a humidity controlled room. Only complaint is the weight but I guess, that pretty much nails the sound that we so love! You need to have a strong back and shoulders to play them for long sets!

Cheers

Chin Yuen

Back