Backpacks and recommendations

re_unknown

Hello good people, I've been spending the last few days thinking of what new bag I should get and was thinking if Adidas or Nike backpacks could last?

I mean like, the strap on Adidas backpacks seem quite prone to tear, no?

Not really looking forward to sticking to parents' traditional recommendations of hardcore brands like Deuter or Samsonite which are built to make it through a jet turbine.

Oh and, if you have any recommendations for backpacks ( something not too geeky, prefably not too big too, well-known or not ), do leave a comment! :D

hmm? going backpacking?

Army backpacks are fairly durable, but if you want something really good then try the US Alice pack.

But as foir everyday use, I'll suggest that you go look around the 5th floor in Causeway Point. There's a shop, forgot the name, but they sell reliable backpacks.

Haha bro, school-student use.

Yeah, that 5th floor shop is the one that has losta Deuters.

Not looking for anything heavy duty and all, something contemporary yet not so fragile looking would do fine =D

Zinc or those bag stores @ Bugis street should match what you're finding.

But honestly, backpacks like Deuter brands really can last you a looooooong loooooong way.

i dig quiksilver backpacks. been using one for years.

anyway, follow the trend lah!! haha

SuperBreak.jpg

i am pleased with my deuter bag.. bought in 2005 and been thru daily school, camping trips, cycling trips, got stuck between my tyre and frame ofthe bike but only a 2 cm section got cut. and its very easily washable.

lately i have seen alot of youngsters carrying this "dickies" bag. How much does it cost? It looks like the eastpak/jansport design but they focus more on the pattern/colour of the material.

lately i have seen alot of youngsters carrying this "dickies" bag. How much does it cost? It looks like the eastpak/jansport design but they focus more on the pattern/colour of the material.

taka was having a sale quite a few months ago and those dickies bags were going at about 30+

another common bag these days is yakpak which cost about 70 from spin the bottle.

i dont dig common bags so i dont carry those

Outdoor backpack is good brand i'll recommend. i've had mine since my school days from '92. still going strong and my brother is using it now for work. its the one with the leather bottom..

Alpine Lowe is good too.. i have a 45L backpack i used for travelling since '01 and its been to a lot of places in flights/sea and bus trips. Still going strong.. No tears at all.. :D

taka was having a sale quite a few months ago and those dickies bags were going at about 30+

another common bag these days is yakpak which cost about 70 from spin the bottle.

i dont dig common bags so i dont carry those

what unique bag are you using? i also wanna have a bag that no one else has.

I have always been a fan of Eastpak and Jansport. Fantasically designed and amazingly thought out, with high-quality materials, built to last. And, reasonably priced as well!

the shop at the 5th floor of Causeway Point that some of you mentioned is probably Sports Connection.

They do sell Deuter, but not much. You should check out the bags there. The bags are nice and not expensive. Even the backpacks for backpacking is good and not pricey!

Another outlet would be at Bugis there, Shaw Towers! and Plaza sing. I kinda like the shop.

Hmm, Jansport, Yakpak and Eastpak have similar overall designs but can their straps last?

Like you know, the usual strap wear area is the top of the strap where it's connected to the main body of the bag.

Oh and, these three brands, are they easy to be found/where?

Deuters are very nice. I own a nice little Deuter backpack I use for a lot of things, and it is waterproof. But I doubt it can go through a jet engine. Crumplers I find are really high-quality and tougher than even Deuters, but they cost a hell lot and they're getting very common these days. At least, you can choose a less common colour.

I'd also recommend Jansport and Eastpak. Had an Eastpak before and it was really nice. And trust me the straps are tough!

Last edited:
Back